Best Credit Cards-Standard Rates

Hi There I am thinking of movong to Halifax 10.7% Apr on Purchases 18% on Cash and they are giving 6 Months 0% .... IS this good or do any of the options on this post (NIB BOS) offer 6 months @0% ?

The person you spoke to at ptsb was correct - they are two different products.

Each product would have a different set of options around it and they would not be able to change the interest rate on one card without changing the entire Classic card portfolio.

If you are not paying the full outstanding balance each month, and therefore are incurring interest on your card, then I would suggest switching over to their ICE card. You can pass over any outstanding balance, avail of the lower interest rate and you would only be required to pay the obligitaory Government Stamp Duty on the new card.

You should talk to a member of their Customer Service Team or drop into your branch as this would be a very straight-forward and quick process.

Hope this helps...

Hi carrotcake,
The AIB APR isnt bad but it depends how you will use it! If you plan on ever using it to withdraw cash the APR for that is 22.5% so its an absolute no no! Also if you have a balance to transfer from your MBNA card the click card doesnt offer any 0% deals on balance transfers like a lot of others, so you'll pay the 8.5% rate on your transferred balance. Also the fees they charge for certain things e.g if you go over limit is higher than the standard cards and finally you have to manage it totally online! But if you are good with your card i.e. dont go over limit, dont withdraw cash and dont have a current balance to transfer its not a bad deal! I think Halifax offer a good deal on their one the rates around 9% APR and about 11% for cash. They also offer 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months! Actually I also think they currently have an offer on where you can get €100 to spend on your card when you sign up!!

Beware of the Halifax credit card. I got one to take advantage of the 0% balance transfer for six months, and while I got the balance down a fair bit in that six months the interest rate climbed from 9.5 to 13.9% in little more than a year, no doubt it will rise again. Its now my most expensive rate :(

If you are a revolver and pay purchase interest on an ongoing basis, the only answer to your problem is the AIB Click card at 8.5% APR.

AIB Click Card 8.5% APR. If you already have a card with them,tell them youre going to close it to get a better rate and they should advs you of the Click Card

Back