Best Chromebook for Christmas

cremeegg

I am looking to buy a Chromebook for my wife as a Christmas present.

I have read some reviews online and the price differences seem mad. I have a work Lenovo Thinkpad myself which I am very happy with. The closest current model seems to be the Thinkpad E15 for €840

The ASUS flip CX5 is well reviewed for €869

Can anyone tell me what they offer over less expensive models like ASUS CX1 for €270 in Argos

It is just for home use, want something that will start up quickly and prefer a smaller screen say 13 inch.

Any suggestions welcome.

Hi I just bought a
1 x LENOVO - IdeaPad 5i 14" Chromebook - Intel® Core™ i3, 128 GB SSD, Grey
from Curry's for €339. It is a 14 inch. It is excellent, being used by a college student. Independent reviews were very good also. That was a "special offer" price. They seem to knock a couple of hundred Euros off certain models for a week or two every now and then.

Be sure its a Chromebook you are after. Its not Windows as the operating system, its the Google operating system and things dont work the same way as Windows and needs a bit of getting used to

I am looking to buy a Chromebook for my wife as a Christmas present.

I have read some reviews online and the price differences seem mad. I have a work Lenovo Thinkpad myself which I am very happy with. The closest current model seems to be the Thinkpad E15 for €840

The ASUS flip CX5 is well reviewed for €869

Can anyone tell me what they offer over less expensive models like ASUS CX1 for €270 in Argos

It is just for home use, want something that will start up quickly and prefer a smaller screen say 13 inch.

Any suggestions welcome.

I havent researched models in a couple years as the one we bought (asus) is still going strong for my wife. However key differentiation for me between any model is 1) RAM (Chrome is a resource hog), 2) Battery (my asus gets 10 hours), and 3) Screen (this was the compromise on my model, but is still bright enough for what we use it for). Less worried about any other specs or design aspects

The storage is another big difference between the cheap and expensive ones , very slow eMMC vs very fast NVMe SSD.

But if you are going with the higher budget I would look at a windows laptop.

Back