Best Business Names

There's a company restoring the stonework on the Fathers church in Limerick called "Stone Mad" thought that was very funny.

Seen a couple of pubs called "the Office" in London, could truthfully tell Mrs sox I was stuck late in the office...........

One in Limerick too as well, somewhere up at the top of Ellen Street.

Passed a truck on the M50 this morning with the slogan "Best grass for your joint." Either Ireland's lawmakers are becoming very relaxed or the company is involved in horticulture.

Rug's and Carpets - could never figure out the rationale for one with the apostrophe while they figured the other one didn't qualify !

There's a Chinese takeaway on North King Street called Wong Kee which I always found amusing.

There's also a Wong Kee store in Bruxelles, a Cafe Nasty in Amsterdam, a deli called Snax in the City in Angier St., there is (or was) a Kinky Donuts in Caracas, and there is (or was) an O****ty Bar in Windhoek. In France there's a chain of dry cleaners called 'Cinq á Sec', which is a pun on 'Cinq á Sept', i.e 5 to 7 - the traditional time after work to have shag with your girlfriend before returning home to your wife (or so I'm told).

In Prague drank in the Cuban Irish bar called "O'Shea Guevaras". Thought that was clever.

Back