beginners guide to stock exchange

aidank

hallo,

interested in the stock exchange and want to buy a few books that explain the relevant terms bullish bearish etc price to earnings and the other 500 terms associated . would also be interested in learning how to analyse past share price etc.

anyone recommend a book/website/tutorials that would help me out?

not looking for a book written by warren buffett showing how he made his millions but rather one with examples of how to do the technical analyse

have a look at investopedia.com it has tutorials and simulators. Only draw back is that it does not cover irish shares but i think its only a small draw back. Nasdaq.com has some free tools you can download, there is a 20 minute delay on info but for learning purposes its great.

Couple of good books in the right reading order are:

1) Neat little guide to stock market investing - Jason Kelly (Check out his website www.jasonkelly.com)
2) How to make money in stocks - William O'Neill
3) The seminal The Intelligent Investor - Ben Graham - tough going but an excellent book. Try get the one with commentary by I think it is Jason Zweig as he brings it bang up to date with examples.
4) Beginners guide to short term trading - Female Author (cant remember her name)

These are a couple of ones that came recommended. I have read every one of them and they all have value and present the different trading/investment styles. 1) is mainly dedicated to company fundamentals, 2) a mix of fundamentals and technical analysis, 3) fundamental all the way and 4) purely technical.

1) is a good one to start with. He has just released a new version of it. There is also a new version of 2) out also.

Best of luck with it, though if I was to offer any advice, read the above books (and others). Once you got the knowledge behind you open up a practice trading account and play for a few months before you commit real money. You will be far better prepared than your average joe who starts straight away and usually gets shaken out of his positions straight away.

Great information about the stock exchange books available in the market. These books are of a great series where a person has to read and to learn stock trading. There are so many people available in the market to guide the newbie's. It is better to have a coach for them personally so that they will be watching and guiding them to assist the person.

See series of lectures ( on topics like technical analysis + money management etc) [broken link removed]

hallo,

interested in the stock exchange and want to buy a few books that explain the relevant terms bullish bearish etc price to earnings and the other 500 terms associated . would also be interested in learning how to analyse past share price etc.

anyone recommend a book/website/tutorials that would help me out?

not looking for a book written by warren buffett showing how he made his millions but rather one with examples of how to do the technical analyse

Back