Bathroom extractor fan not working

Passport1

Hi
I have a steam extractor fan in my bathroom that is controlled via a switch like a light switch

It is on seperate switch to the lights in the bathroom

Anyway it stopped working today in that when you switch it on extractor fan is not working

None of the switches on the fuse board have tripped and there are no other electric faults round the house either at the moment

Not sure what is wrong or where to even start to fix this - is it a fuse in the switch that is gone or is it something wrong with the extractor unit itself
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi Passport1, it is unlikely that there is a fuse in the switch to begin with so it would appear that the extractor fan motor itself is burnt out or there is a loose connection somewhere. Its an easy problem to troubleshoot for somebody with electrical knowledge but i would advise you to get a professional in to check it out for you, you cant be too careful with electricity.

Regards,

John

fan

Hi

Extractor fans can be as cheap as €20, low noise version can cost €80 plus. Then get an electrician or handyman to replace it as that's most certainly the problem. Switches almost never fail.

Back