bank transfer to uk changed?

ricko10

Hi. For the past 5 years I have been sending money on a monthly basis from my aib personal account to an accout in uk with no problems. I now cannot do this, and after talking to the bank they have told me that I need to use a sepa reachable bic number and not the one I have been using? Ive spoken to the account holder in the uk,and they have said that their bank has never heard of it. Any help aappreciated.
thanks
jamie

Ive spoken to the account holder in the uk,and they have said that their bank has never heard of it.

European banks use IBAN and BIC codes for the vast majority of cash payments these days. The UK bank has heard of it. Maybe the question just needs to be rephrased to re-asked.

Alternatively, as Pat suggests, simply use an online converter to change the old wire format to the new wire format.

The IBAN will be on the bank statement. Even for UK banks despite the fact they don't use them much yet there. Also it follows the Irish format so the last 14 digits of the IBAN are (usually!) the 6 digit sort code and 8 digit account number.

The BIC will also be on there. Might also be called the SWIFT code.

Back