Key Post Bank taking me to court over my credit card debt

Hi, im not sure who decided on the amount but as it was written in the summons they sent, it must have been them. it was a solicitor but there was a barrister present but he stayed at the back and nodded a few times! i assumed i would have to pay more in legal costs but how much can letters and phone calls cost? they are a big firm and mostly do commercial and banks so they must have a lot of business with the bank.

Yes it was helpful in some ways (clearing off the money i owed to family and friends) but it didnt solve the problem..i only delayed it, i have other debts with the bank and these accounts are closed too so i will keep saving a little a week for the day i get the court date and my final judgement!

Yes, my credit rating is gone but thats not my biggest concern =) debt free first then il try solve that! =) im 31 so thanks for saying im still young LOL

Get onto MABS asap, They will stand in a neoigate on your behalf they are simply brilliant I used them in the past and they really help out with credit card debt when i was out of work

My credit card debt.

Make sure you have any correspondence between you and the bank regarding your offer of 20 euros per week .The judge will not take kindly to BOI bringing you to court when you have made an offer.
I have a friend who was in business and had 2 different loans ,one for 40000 euros and the other for over 200,000 euros . The judgement against him was as follows for the 40,000 he is paying 10 per week
for the large amount he is paying 50 per month . He will have to live until he's 600 to pay it back .
The courts realise they cannot get blood from a stone ,always face up to debt and deal with it. Never ever ignore it as it does not go away ,be genuine in any offer and keep all documentation .As I said earlier the Judge will look at the circumstances and from there make a judgement .
Your offer sounded very fair at the begining so BOI are making a total dogs breakfast of your case .
Good luck .

Back