Bank requesting 3 yrs accounts

ndm79

Hi,
Im really hoping that someone can help guide me with something that is really causing me a lot of stress.

We have recently moved to PTSB after receiving notification of Danske closure. My husband is a self employed Taxi driver so they have requested 3 years of accounts before they will give us a credit card or an overdraft.

I would do all my husbands accounts on excel which has worked perfect for us up until now. The problem is im not sure what type of layout that they should be presented in for the bank. I would love to be able to go to an accountant to have them sorted professionally but we just cannot afford to do that at the minute. I have them laid out in the normal P&L and balance sheet style but I think they look very "unfinished". Can anyone give me any advice if Im on the right track with this or if i'm not give me a bit of guidance.

Thanks

I'm actually worried that if they do not look good enough they might refuse to accept them and request a set done by an accountant.
I am 100% happy with the figures I have but its the presentation that is really bugging me.

Your CC doesnt need to be with PTSB does it ? When I changed over my personal banking they were asking unreasonable requests like statements for joint savings accounts and every transaction on my account was questioned They had plenty of info to see that I had paid my old CC off every month and had steady income . so told them to keep their CC and I kept my BOI one.

Hi ndm. From my own banking experience, the bank request for 3 years accounts is a standard one for all self employed people seeking loan/overdraft facilities. They should also request 6/12 months statements from your previous bank. For those smaller operators such as your husband, there is no need for any accountants involvement and rough management figures (as required for preparation of your tax return) are fine. I'm not specifically familiar with the requirements of ptsb, but I'm sure they will accept the accounts in the format as prepared by you.

Hi ndm79,
I'm self employed also,
I too recently changed my current a/c from BOI to PTSB and was also going to change over my credit card...and they wanted 3yrs audited/certified accounts,6 months credit card statements/6 months current a/c statements,
You will require an accountant to sign off on them...unfortunately,
My accountant was preparing a set of accounts for a different matter but decided not to proceed with the credit card...i've had a credit card from BOI since 1987,paid in full every month....they wanted to drop my credit limit aswell...they just annoyed me tbh.

Back