Bank of Ireland limit on Standing Orders

Peanuts20

I recently moved my accounts from Ulster to Bank of Ireland. Historically in Ulster I would have had a standing order moving money from my own personal account to a joint current account with my wife that we use for mortgage, bills etc. That was €3500 pm

However, on moving to Bank of Ireland, it is not letting me set up a standing order for more than €3000 pm and is only allowing me set up one going from my personal to the new joint account we have set up. I can't do a second one

I know I can transfer any more electronically to in effect, top up the Standing Order but it's a bit of a pain. Is anyone aware of a way to do more than €3000 via a monthly SO?. I'm trying to avoid ringing their contact centre.

The first transaction cannot be more than €1000 as you have to set up a payee. I know you are transfering from one account to another but it seems to work this way. Then I think you can set up a so or transfer up to €10k per day depending on your account. I have set up a transfer and put a date in for the transaction to occur on a certain day and you can put a date on it so you can set up for say 6months at a time.

Last edited:
Back