Bad ICB report nearly finished - Mortgage?

Tryingtofixit

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone could advise?

Have had a horrendous credit report in the past, ( see my previous post if curious ). Thankfully in Sept this year final listings will slide off it.

With regards to potential mortgage application, is there anyway that previous bad history can come back to haunt me? It will be an unusual ICB report after that I would imagine in that there won't be anything on it, either good or bad.

I would hope to get a mortgage of 175k. I'm single, 40, no dependents, no monthly obligations, annual gross salary of 70k, ( 15 bonus on top ). Heavy rental payments listed on bank statements ( Rental payment is nearly double what monthly repayment would be! ).

Would anyone have any advice/opinion as to if I will be hampered by previous difficulties? ( praying that the answer is no! :) )

Thanks in advance.

Once it is removed from the ICB you should have no difficulty. I would order a new report once after the September date has passed. Just don’t apply for any loans or open new accounts in the meantime as they will run a credit check and your bad score will be visible.

Back