Back on track - exiting MARP, don't understand the letter?

RichInSpirit

I'm in a similar position exiting a year long MARP agreement. My circumstances are a little better now and i can afford the full repayments 'going forward'.
After a reminder letter in September (2 months before the due date) i rang my bank and was given a monthly figure to recommence paying, which I've now started paying.
I still got a rather confusing letter off them a few days ago that appeared softly softly but was somewhat threatening at the same time.
It's suggesting that i ring them but I'm thinking of posting a reply to them so as to have a paper trail.
The recent letter may be a computer generated standard letter, I'm not sure.

Well done on getting back on track!

I still got a rather confusing letter off them a few days ago that appeared softly softly but was somewhat threatening at the same time.

Unfortunately, the wording of the letter is determined by the Central Bank's CCMA. They probably have to warn you that you may lose your home. I made a submission saying that this wording was more harmful than helpful but my submission was not adopted.

It's suggesting that i ring them but I'm thinking of posting a reply to them so as to have a paper trail.

I would recommend that you do both. Make the phone call as requested and see what you agree. Then follow up with a letter along the following lines...

"Further to our phone call on 25th November, I confirm that we have agreed the following..."

Brendan

I'm in a similar position exiting a year long MARP agreement. My circumstances are a little better now and i can afford the full repayments 'going forward'.
After a reminder letter in September (2 months before the due date) i rang my bank and was given a monthly figure to recommence paying, which I've now started paying.
The recent letter may be a computer generated standard letter, I'm not sure.

do you mind to post the wording of the letter? No need to include any details.

Well done on getting back on track!

Unfortunately, the wording of the letter is determined by the Central Bank's CCMA. They probably have to warn you that you may lose your home. I made a submission saying that this wording was more harmful than helpful but my submission was not adopted.

I would recommend that you do both. Make the phone call as requested and see what you agree. Then follow up with a letter along the following lines...

"Further to our phone call on 25th November, I confirm that we have agreed the following..."

Brendan

Hi Brendan, sounds like good advice. Thanks :)

do you mind to post the wording of the letter? No need to include any details.

Hi Nec. I was thinking of doing that, but just haven't gotten around to it. I'll post it sometime in the next few days !
It's probably very similar to your letter.

Out of interest, is it possible to record telephone conversations of this nature. Whenever one rings any commercial entity they are advised that calls may be recorded for training and other purposes.

Back