Aviva fixed term deposits

messyleo

Any thoughts on these? No bank guarantee of 100k I guess, but a better rate than the PTSB 3% 3 year rate

Any thoughts on these? No bank guarantee of 100k I guess, but a better rate than the PTSB 3% 3 year rate
3.67 before management charges (can't see what they are, how much of the .67% would they eat up?) and no deposit guarantee. Instead of 3% with guarantee. Not for me anyway!

Yeah i looked at the link and am not easily seeing how muvh they charge, just the fact that there is a mngt charge. Id prefer an up front transparent charge. Not for me either.

The broker can decide what commission he gets and what charges you pay, so that is probably why they don't show the charges.

They should really show the full charge for illustration purposes.

Brendan

If you do it as an investment outside of pension you've got the 1% Govt levy too.
I really can't understand this Govt levy. They tax you on the way in and the way out. Not really an equitable tax. 100% puts me off investing into these funds -even if a lot of the providers take this tax hit.

I really can't understand this Govt levy. They tax you on the way in and the way out. Not really an equitable tax. 100% puts me off investing into these funds -even if a lot of the providers take this tax hit.
It's complete nonsense and discourages people from investing as the alternatives require them to figure out complex tax rules and lodge returns which the average punter just runs a mile from. We have over €150bn sitting on deposit earning nothing. A massive opportunity being wasted.

Back