Average Electricity Bill

Moved from Money Makeover to Home Engergy which is where this type of question is discussed on AAM.

I always had bills from ESB of €110 per month.

Switch to Bord Gais, and along with the recent price decreases announced by all the providers, my bills are now approx €86.

Happy enough.

Amazon have a great sale on energy saving lightbulbs at the moment, including some of the fancy fittings.

Just had a look and couldn't see any good deals. Everything was very highly priced compared to the likes of Homebase, Tesocos etc.

I have, and can contoinue to get, deals like 5 bulbs for £1 off these folks.
Just the other day I was in Homebase and seen bulbs 99p each or 3 for £1. Amazon are FAR more expensive than that.

I just checked out the calculator thingy and I can't believe the electric shower uses so much electricity. I usually stand there in a dream, thinking about anything and everything. I think I will have to dream somewhere else as its costing a fortune. Surprisingly all the hours on the computer, watching our tv and having the lights on are not as much as I would have thought. Thanks for the tip of the calculator.

I no this sounds like a silly question >

I have cancelled my account with Bord Gais but ESB say i have to wait 20 days after the cancellation to re-actaiveate my account with them.
If there is a 1-2 day delay from my final bill say Nov 10 to the date i re-sign with ESB say Nov 12. Would i still have power.

I no they take an estitamte reading so i should be ok correct ???

Ours is 70euro for 2 months. 2 bed terrace with 2 people. No tumbledryer or dish washer.

Why not get one of those electricity monitors. They are available from Maplin, or you can find one . They can tell you exactly what you are using at any moment in time.

You can also get a plug-in monitor (there were some in Aldi a while back). You plug them into a socket and plug appliances into them to get a read of energy used. I got one and next week bought a new fridge - found the old one was costing a fortune!

Back