AVC PRSA Funds Query

Tadhg22

Hi there,

I have received the funds flyer from PRSA.ie listing all of the available funds and their associated risk level. I am currently reviewing the available funds that are consistent with my own risk level, but just wanted to ask and get a feel for what funds others have allocated their PRSA contributios to and their rationale for doing so?

Thanks,
Tadhg

Further to the above, I believe it's the PRSA brochure listing the funds available from Zurich that I have received

I'm mid 50s and still have all of my pension investments in low charges, high equity content funds - mostly index trackers rather than actively managed.
My rationale is that I may have c. 10 years to go before I start drawing on the pensions.
And even then the rest of my lifetime in an ARF so it doesn't make sense to me to put the brakes on returns.
And I can deal with volatility along the way.

I had a look at my agency profile with Zurich Life earlier this year, across all Pensions/PRSAs/Savings/Investments products, the Assets Under Management by top 5 funds are:

Dynamic
Balanced
Performance
Prisma5
Prisma4

First 3 (Mixed Funds) are around since 1989. Prisma (Multi-Asset) launch was in 2013.

All have risk rating of 5 or 6 and that's representative of customers who choose the funds themselves.

Dynamic is currently 93% equities.

I was looking at the PRSA Funds Flyer that I was sent on by PRSA.ie. I note that some of the funds are only available on the 'Advise PRSA' and not on the 'Standard PRSA'. I take it that because I will be setting up an Execution Only PRSA I can only chose to invest in funds from the 'Standard PRSA' column?

I was looking at the PRSA Funds Flyer that I was sent on by PRSA.ie. I note that some of the funds are only available on the 'Advise PRSA' and not on the 'Standard PRSA'. I take it that because I will be setting up an Execution Only PRSA I can only chose to invest in funds from the 'Standard PRSA' column?

Sorry, just seeing this now.

You can set up a Standard or Non-Standard PRSA on an execution only basis.

The most common reason I've seen for doing the latter is access to the Indexed TopTech100 Fund.

Back