AVC on Form 11

dave2015

Hi
Preparing my Form 11 and putting in an AVC that i'm going to pay directly to pension scheme this week and looking to declare for 2016. I'm putting it in the PAYE/BIK/Pensions (2) section under Pension Contribution Relief but its having no impact on the calculation. I'll try revenue tomorrow but in case anyone can answer said id throw it out there.
Thanks

In case you haven't got an answer to this yet, I would suggest entering the pension contribution paid under the heading "Charges & Deductions" rather than PAYE/BIK/Pensions(2).

On the Charges and Deductions page, scroll to the sub-heading Pension Contributions.
The amount of contribution paid this year can be input at either Retirement Annuity Contracts (RAC) or Personal Retirement Savings Account (PRSA's) to achieve the same result. There is a box in either of these sections for the amount paid in 2017 which you wish to claim in 2016.

After that, you need to complete the Pension Relief calculator:
- Scroll to the sub-heading "Pension Contribution Relief"
- Click on the box "Pension Relief" (this opens a new screen to calculate the max relief you will get)
- In the new screen, enter the income you are entitled to relief on in the section "Non Pensionable PAYE Income"
- Click "Calculate" at the bottom right of the page - this should populate a figure in the last line "Maximum RAC PRSA QOPP relief available in year of assessment 2016".
- If you successfully got a figure to appear in the "Max RAC PRSA QOPP etc..." box, click Form 11 at the bottom right of page.

You are now back in the main Form 11.
Click on the main "Calculate" tab from the left hand menu.... the pension relief should be listed in your tax calculation under Allowances, Reliefs and Deductions.

Thanks for the response Househunter, didn't solve so I called them.
I was on right track, needed to do on the PAYE (2) tab but missed a step due to the poor layout of form. When you hit calculate it pulls the AVC amount into the Total cell and you would think you at done but you then need to manually type the amount again into the last row in section called Amount referring to Employment Income/Salary.
Guy on helpesk said it was a mess, had to put me on hold for 10 mins to figure it out himself.

Back