Are bank card readers card/account specific

hastalavista

we have 3 family members, in same house, with 3 different accounts with the same bank, all with separate card readers for online banking.

Are they account/card specific or will it do to keep one on the go?
Thanks

Assuming that you are talking about the new card readers that allow you to do authorise online transactions, you can all use the one card reader. You each have your own bank cards but can all use the same reader. We do! I actually have sometimes used my old AIB card reader with my ulster bank card.

Assuming that you are talking about the new card readers that allow you to do authorise online transactions, you can all use the one card reader. You each have your own bank cards but can all use the same reader. We do! I actually have sometimes used my old AIB card reader with my ulster bank card.

Thanks, so seemingly not even bank specific. interesting.

Same when you go into a shop. All cards go into the same reader, only the card is specific to your account.

Its kind of like the one link ATMs around that accept all bank cards at the same point, similarly there is a common card reader that accepts all bank cards. Helps to avoid equipment clustering up and occupying much needed space too:)

Back