Applying for mortgage - credit card statements history query

deltrotter

Hi,

Looking to apply within 6 months for a mortgage.

Basically my query is I do not get a credit card bill if nothing is due - my credit card is currently clear and planning to have it that way for the next 6 months or more. So if there is nothing due how would I go about showing 6 months credit card history if nothing is showing? I called the bank and they said they cannot assist me on this. Should I put a small item say €5 on it to show a bill or leave it clear?

Anybody have any advice here on this?

Thank You

If you've online access you can take a screenshot showing no transactions which should satisfy.

Hi,

Looking to apply within 6 months for a mortgage.

Basically my query is I do not get a credit card bill if nothing is due - my credit card is currently clear and planning to have it that way for the next 6 months or more. So if there is nothing due how would I go about showing 6 months credit card history if nothing is showing? I called the bank and they said they cannot assist me on this. Should I put a small item say €5 on it to show a bill or leave it clear?

Anybody have any advice here on this?

Thank You
There's no issue there. Banks don't provide zero balance credit card statements, but you can just provide the last statement that you received, i.e. a statement with a zero balance, including the transaction that cleared the previous balance. As Brendan suggested, you could also provide a screenshot from your online banking to show a zero balance at the time of the application, but that should not even be required.

Best regards,
Dave Curry CFP®
https://www.linkedin.com/in/davecurryirl

Just to confirm - on my second mortgage application, the broker came back to me and asked where the other CC statements were. I explained that I use it rarely and the one from 4 months ago is my last one. That was sufficient for the application to go ahead.

Back