Anyone have problems with Paypal

woods

I have a problem with Paypall.
On some websites when I attempt to make a purchase using my credit card I fill in my details but am told that there is a paypall account associated with my email address and I have to use it.
Of course I do not know the password because as far as I am concerned I do not have such an account.
I attempted to retrieve the password and received an email from them directing me to call a particular number which turned out to be a premium rate line. I had to ask if it was premium and when told, yes, I hung up.
I have sent them 18 email in the past month but am not getting a response.
I have managed to make one purchase buy only by using a fake email address and that is not a good idea.
I want my email address back.
Any body else had any problems with them.

Re: Anyone have problems with Paypall

I think you'll find there are plenty that have had problems with 'them' and their 'customer service'...

Let the list begin!

BM

Try Forgot your password. I don't see how someone else could use your email address to setup an account without you getting some emails in connection with it.

fake email address and that is not a good idea.

Do you have an ebay account? If so the paypal account might have been created as part of the signup process (paypal is a subsidiary of ebay).

as MugsGame says try the Forgot your password option. when you get in check transaction history and your profile and when created. Did anyone else ever have access to this email address? eg. you left logged in at work/home/internet cafe etc?

Many sites require validation of a new account to verify the email address is valid and accessible to the user who registered before activating the account as far as I know ebay and paypal operate this way, so if there is a problem I suspect the problem is on your side, not theirs.

what exactly does 'fake email address' mean - did you enter an invalid address or create a register a new address for one off usage?

I am accepting that I may have a paypall account. The problem is that I can not use it without a password and to get the password I have to call a premium rate number.
I can not cancel the account without the password.
If I cannot cancel the account I can not make purchases using my credit card on certian sites.
I made up a hotmail address but that is OK if I do not have a problem with the purchase.
I think that I have a case for the financial regulator.
Paypall are forcing me to use their system and not allowing me to use my credit card.
They gave me no indication in the email that the phone number that they asked me to ring was a premium rate number.

Paypall are forcing me to use their system and not allowing me to use my credit card.
Please explain that. I think you mean is that the seller is forcing you to pay them via paypal. That is the sellers call and if you don't like it then buy from someone else.
They gave me no indication in the email that the phone number that they asked me to ring was a premium rate number.
You should have deduced by the prefix if the call was a premium rate. AFAIK Paypal are 1890 which is lo-call rate and therefore not premium rate.
I think that I have a case for the financial regulator.
You don't have any case for the Irish financial regulator as they are NOT regulated in Ireland. There are regulated in the UK, so any complaints will need to be directed there.

I think you'll find there are plenty that have had problems with 'them' and their 'customer service'...

Let the list begin!

BM
Never had a problem with PayPal myself. They even refunded me my money under their protection scheme when an eBay vendor failed to send me the goods involved and I filed a claim under their scheme.

You should have deduced by the prefix if the call was a premium rate. .
As I am not in the habit of making premium rate calls I actually do not know what prefixes are premium (still do not know for that matter) but was told by the paypall guy in response to my query that it was a premium rate number.

I recently bought my first item off Ebay but when I received it, it was a complete fake and sought a refund.
I received the bulk €21 straight back onto my credit card and then I sought a refund for returning the item via registered post approx €8.50.
I received €8.64 into my Paypal account but when I tried to transfer it to my bank account it was rejected as the minimum amount to transfer to a bank account is €10.All I have in there is €8.64.
I have contacted them with the response being that I 'should get someone else to transfer some money into my Paypal to increase it over the limit and then withdraw it'.
I know no-one with a Paypal account and someone willing to do this.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do??
Thanks
Half Scot

Half Scot,
Transfer 1.36 into your account bringing the total up to 10 euros and then widthdraw it.

After I fell foul of them and related my experiences to work mates I was told that they are like Ryanair - great if everything goes smoothly but not so great if you have problems. A few unhappy punters in my office.

I got a replacement credit card - same type, issuer, billing address as the one I had registered. When I tried to change the number they rejected it and froze the card.
I spent a lot of time on hold with my call being bounced around their call centre until they told me it was the credit card's fault.
BOI said that the test transactions PayPal send to validate a card had been approved and the approval codes returned to PayPal as pre usual but that this was not the first time they had heard of PayPal having a failure on their system. BOI gave me the approval codes to give to PayPal to verify the transactions.
Never spoke to anyone in the call centre who had the ability or desire to do this piece of work - their standard suggestion was I get a new credit card and use that instead.
The email responses were worse - more like a random answer generator from Monty Python.

When I finally got a friend to use their paypal to pay the eBay item they transmitted the wrong name\address to the seller i.e. <Friends Name> + <My address> without warning.
This was not the name\address selected - it was friends name\friends address. Parcel is now lost in postal black hole unless it gets returned to sender in US and I pay to reship, through PayPal of course! This was not a $5 CD purchase eithre.
I've never had a bad experience on eBay\PayPal until this but as soon as a viable PayPal alternative is available I'll never darken their door again.

Look at [broken link removed] for more stories.

Sounds odd that you have to phone a number to change a password. I have forgotten my password a few times and the process to reset is all online - they email you a link to a website where you reset your password - I've never had to phone anyone and I can't imagine that would be their preferred way of doing business.

Loaded 1973,
Naturally my first thought was how to do this...
The reply from Paypal-
'.......Irish PayPal accounts cannot add funds into their PayPal
Balance from ther bank account nor with their credit card. The only way
is to have someone send money to your PayPal Balance to reach the
minimum withdrawal limit so you can get the money out and not use it for
payment/s'.

Got somone willing to help me out.They paid €10 into my paypal account for which I got €9.11(after charges etc) ,made it up to €17.75.

They then took €1 for transferring my money to my bank account.

First and last time dealing with ebay and paypal..lesson learnt!

PayPal clearly outline the charges for withdrawals from a personal account and that €1 is charged unless the amount is €100 or more. If some customers don't apprise themselves of the charges before using the system then it's hardly PayPal's fault.

Back