Anyone attending "The Irish Entrepreneur Superconference"?

ivorystraws

Hi,

I'm going to the Irish Entrepreneur Superconference. I was just wondering whether anyone from here will be going or has gone in the past or has thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Attending "The Irish Entrepreneur Superconference" on 05th - 07th February 2010?

1) Has the conference been held before?
2) Who is organising it?
3) Who is speaking at it?
4) Where are you getting your blurb from?

Please confirm that you have no involvement with the conference organisers.

Re: Attending "The Irish Entrepreneur Superconference" on 05th - 07th February 2010?

1) Has the conference been held before?
2) Who is organising it?
3) Who is speaking at it?
4) Where are you getting your blurb from?

Please confirm that you have no involvement with the conference organisers.

OK, I'll impart all the information I have on the event for all the sceptics out there:
Firstly, it's fairly easy to simply google "entrepreneur superconference" and it'll return a fair few blurbs so trawl through them at will. I became aware of the event after seeing an advertisement for it in Eddie Hobbs's "You and Your Money" Magazine (page 42).

Gary McGeown, co-owner of "Life Lasting Success" is organising it as far as I'm aware (well that's who I've been in contact with and who's been emailing me ever since registration).

Once you manage to google it, the results will detail the speakers as follows;

• Tony Robbins son - Jairek Robbins, personal transformation expert,
  • Greg Secker - UK stock trading guru,
  • Sean Gallagher - star of The Dragons Den, and top Irish entrepreneur,
  • Donna Kennedy - Irish Author & Entrepreneur
  • Chris Guerriero - the guy who will help you create an automatic bestseller,
  • Stevey McGeown - Irelands top Results Coach,
  • Tracy Repcuk - leading female entrepreneur
  • Pat Slattery - the Irish Millionaire Mentor
  • Jason Osborn - Mr. Article Marketer, Internet Marketing Traffic genius
  • Owen O'Malley - Irish Stock System Guru
  • Anthony McCarthy - The Irish Marketer, home grown Irish online marketing expert
  • Tim Paulson - co-creator of the world best selling marketing program "Piranha Marketing"
  • Debbie Allen - known as the Sales Queen

That's all the questions answered (phewy). I didn't expect such interrogation after being a contributing member of this forum for the last few years! I just wanted the same responses as I get to every other question I've asked on this forum over the years i.e. people's thoughts, experiences, whether they have attended before, what it's like ...etc.

I've no affiliation either directly or indirectly with this event. The link given on Eddie Hobbs's magazine is: here Anything else?

You would need to pay me well in excess of €38.50 to sit through that lot of 'get rich quick' purveyors of nonsense. And even more to sit in the Red Cow Hotel for 3 days!!

I think original poster is being a bit sensitive in his response to Brendan's question - his post at the top looks to me like a not too subtle plug for the event.

You would need to pay me well in excess of €38.50 to sit through that lot of 'get rich quick' purveyors of nonsense. And even more to sit in the Red Cow Hotel for 3 days!!

+1

I think original poster is being a bit sensitive in his response to Brendan's question - his post at the top looks to me like a not too subtle plug for the event.

That's what I thought too, but then when he posted the list of speakers, he is obviously trying to put us off attending. :)

+1

That's what I thought too, but then when he posted the list of speakers, he is obviously trying to put us off attending. :)

I'm not too pushed about the speakers (especially not the Irish ones) and I do agree there will be loads of "get rich quick" schemes on show (if the emails after registration are anything to go by) but I know there are a few on here who are online entrepreneurs and may be going. That's who I'd like to meet and speak to.

I do have to admit, the first post does look like a plug but I can assure you it's not and anyway, I can easily change it.

I'm not too pushed about the speakers (especially not the Irish ones) and I do agree there will be loads of "get rich quick" schemes on show (if the emails after registration are anything to go by) but I know there are a few on here who are online entrepreneurs and may be going. That's who I'd like to meet and speak to.

I do have to admit, the first post does look like a plug but I can assure you it's not and anyway, I can easily change it.

Tony Robbins makes approximately $300 million annually!

What has that got to do with the conference ?

These things can be an entertaining day out. Like a trip to the circus. They have virtually no business benefits.

What has that got to do with the conference ?

It was directed at the comment made about the speakers being rubbish. They may all be crap speakers but sure beats listening to any "so-called" financial experts out there on how to "invest wisely and build wealth" (as a lot of people have discovered to their detrement over the last few years).

You're right, these things can be an entertaining day out although a trip to the dail would be more entertaining or listening to any of the bankers/financial experts speak or enduring advice from non-business people who have never taken a risk in their life! They all have virtually no business benefits right now.

But he's not scheduled to speak at the conference ;)

Not giving you a hard time Ivory, I didn't see anything wrong with the original post myself and and as you said you are a regular contributor.

The online marketing could be quite interesting.

Enjoy.

Not giving you a hard time Ivory, I didn't see anything wrong with the original post myself and and as you said you are a regular contributor.

Did you see the original post before Ivory edited it?

As Ivory said before he edited it:

But he's not scheduled to speak at the conference ;)

The online marketing could be quite interesting.

Enjoy.

Thanks Galwegian, nice to get some support.

Maybe I'm biased about this conference since I have a background and experience in the online entrepreneurial area but I honestly thought that there would be loads of eBusiness owners out there who would have heard of this or perhaps have previously attended.
I personally think it will be beneficial and anyway, Gary McGeown assures me that there's a Money Back Guarantee, where if I'm not satisified or unhappy with the event, I can come to him at any time during the event, and they'll write me a cheque if you're not happy with the event.... but that's a spiel any business owner should spout out to their potential customers, especially in these times :D

There are always the Commentators, Spectators and Players in business.

I personally think it will be beneficial and anyway, Gary McGeown assures me that there's a Money Back Guarantee, where if I'm not satisified or unhappy with the event, I can come to him at any time during the event, and they'll write me a cheque

But have you not got free tickets? Do you get the money back anyway even if you did not pay for them?

I might go so just to get the money.

Brendan

Brendan, I did see that the post was edited to "add a question mark" but assumed no alteration to the content. Is there a way to see the original post?

Anyway, for €38.50 it could be a good day out, if only to have a good laugh and maybe strike gold with one of the speakers. You might want to do some research on the speakers Ivory beforehand and determine the areas you should focus on. If you do decide to go please let us know how you got on and if you were impressed by any of the presenters.

All the best.

Did you see the original post before Ivory edited it?

As Ivory said before he edited it:

Brendan, I did see that the post was edited to "add a question mark" but assumed no alteration to the content. Is there a way to see the original post?

Anyway, for €38.50 it could be a good day out, if only to have a good laugh and maybe strike gold with one of the speakers. You might want to do some research on the speakers Ivory beforehand and determine the areas you should focus on. If you do decide to go please let us know how you got on and if you were impressed by any of the presenters.

All the best.

I edited the post a few times, initially to add in a question mark and subsequently so there would be less for the sceptics, naysayers, bah-humbuggers etc to moan about. I basically cut and pasted it from an email which I had already sent to friends of mine who I knew would be interested in attending and are going.

I can PM you or email you with that email if you want and with my thoughts on the conference after I attend it (I'm definitely going) because there's hardly any point posting it here if nobody is interested. Let me know anyway.

Cheers!

will probably try to get to it. not exactly a huge outlay and yu neve know who you may meet there, not on about the speakers but other people attending.

Well with a nation as ****ed off and underappreciated as we are, anyone who shows any sort of light at the end of the tunnel will be welcomed with open arms. And there are plenty who know how to capitalise on people 'looking for an out'.

As for the info that will be presented, there will more than likely be a few gems in there but for the most part it could well be "give me your money and I'll show you the tricks to beat/earn this/that/the other", all of which are well documented on the web if you research your given enterprise

Just my 2 cents

Back