Any specifics yet of the Motor Tax changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandelbrot

I heard Noonan saying motor tax rates & VRT are to increase from 1/1/2013, but is there a chart or figures anywhere quantifying the changes?

Irish Times refers to 15% but the percentage is not in the government published Financial Statement

This is what he said

"The rates of both VRT and motor tax across all categories will increase with effect from the 1st of January 2013. In order to incentivise a more year round motor market, I have decided to introduce a dual registration period. Therefore in 2013 vehicles registered from the 1st of January will carry a year tag of 131 and 132 for the second half of the year."

This is what he said

"The rates of both VRT and motor tax across all categories will increase with effect from the 1st of January 2013. In order to incentivise a more year round motor market, I have decided to introduce a dual registration period. Therefore in 2013 vehicles registered from the 1st of January will carry a year tag of 131 and 132 for the second half of the year."
Thanks Brendan, that quote is what I saw / heard (should probably have quoted it myself) - I'm wondering if the detail has been published yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back