Any Problems with UK, Scottish Bankruptcy

RichInSpirit

Has anyone here run into major difficulties with an English or Scottish Bankruptcy?
Or heard of anyone not here experiencing major difficulties either during the process or afterwards?

Hi RichInSpirit,

Why do you ask. Have you got experience of some problems? I've had lots of really good stories in the last few months. If it's done properly and good advice sought there shouldn't be many difficulties.

The problems may start when a discharged bankrupt returns home with Irish banks not recognising the orders of the UK courts.

Bankruptcy revoked

I was told of a story on Sunday's Sunday World where one guy got his UK bankruptcy revoked.
Sorry I don't have the link to it.

Folks, as I have said previously if you do everything by the book i.e. correctly, you need have no worries about having a bankruptcy revoked.
There will always be rumours and scare stories but if you have been honest in all your dealings and engage properly with the AIB and your Trustee, you will not have a problem. This is what I did and have had no difficulties whatsoever. I recommend that everyone else does the same.

www.irishbankrupt.com

Folks, as I have said previously if you do everything by the book i.e. correctly, you need have no worries about having a bankruptcy revoked.
There will always be rumours and scare stories but if you have been honest in all your dealings and engage properly with the AIB and your Trustee, you will not have a problem. This is what I did and have had no difficulties whatsoever. I recommend that everyone else does the same.

www.irishbankrupt.com

Thanks IB2013.!

Be careful about what you read as a headline in a Sunday paper.

As IB2013 says, whether you choose Scotland or Eng, if you do it properly and co-operate you will never have any issues. The system is not set out to trick you, it is there to stop scammers.

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

Anyone had problems with tenancy in UK due to poor credit rating/mortgage arrears in Ireland? If so how did they handle it and what was the outcome?
Thanks for all the help on this site

Hi Concept

My arrears in Ireland didn't show up on the credit check my landlord carried out. It only covered the uk.

NM

You could always look for a place on a classifieds site like gumtree. This are usually from private individuals who don't use credit checks, whereas letting agencies sometimes do.

www.irishbankrupt.com

As no_moolah has said, the credit check is UK only - it will not show up your Irish situation.

Back