Any implications if I put a few polite rocks on the grass verge outside my house ?

I pass by a house regularly that has an old wheelbarrow on their grass verge with flowers and plants in it and it looks very nice. I think they also painted it. I had not thought about the fact that they might have it there to stop people parking on the grass. Perhaps this might be an option. You could put enough soil into it to make it too heavy to move.
I used to pass by a house which had a barrell with two legs sticking out of it.
It got a lot of passing interest but probably wouldn't work in this case ......I would guess :rolleyes:

Lately a lot of cars have been parking opposite my house, I have no problem with that. My issue is the road is narrow and rather than pulling in some cars mount the grass verge to pass each other. It is making an unsightly mess of the grass verge, particularly in wet weather.

This is a public road with a grass verge on each side, footpath, then the garden walls of the houses.

Any implications for me if a car is damaged hitting a rock or any other problems I could have by putting rocks on the grass verge.
Some people round the corner from me sorted this by planting very pretty and visible flower arrangements on the grass verge outside to make people think twice about driving or parking on it. Some of them are more demure but one of them is more like Day of the Triffids, so its clear you cannot park there.

This may be of interest to the original post. A neighbour had similar problems where cars, rather than stop to let another car pass, would drive up and sometimes drive along the grass verge. He maintains the verge and it was becoming unsightly with wheel tracks, and ruts from heavy vans, etc.
He simply stopped mowing about a foot wide strip on the outside edge of the grassy area. When the grass got long, drivers stopped driving into the verge because they couldn't see that there were no rocks, obstacles, etc. Another option might be to plant low growing hardy plants along the edge, e.g. heathers. May have a similar influence on drivers

Back