Annual Return B1 returned by CRO

cremeegg

I submitted my companies Annual Return last August. It updated on the CORE system and I got a receipt. Last week it was returned as the list of members had not been completed.

Does anyone know if it is required to submit a list of members each year even if there are no changes. A list was submitted in the previous, first, return, and as the form has an option to submit changes, it would appear that there was no need to repeat the list. There had been no changes.

CORE verifies the return before allowing it to be submitted. There were no entries in the list of members, and this did not cause a problem with the verification.

I have tried to include a list of members, but it is telling me that the return is late. Initially it was submitted well before the deadline.

Is it normal that a query like this can be raised 5 months after a return is submitted.

Any advice appreciated.

They usually allow the filer a further window of 10 days or so (or maybe 14) to correct any defects that they have found in a filed annual return. You should phone them asap.

More generally, the omission of members details from a filed return is potentially significant for any reader of that return. Without such details, it would be impossible to ascertain with any certainty the current ownership of any company.

It's a pity that CORE doesn't prepopulate the members' details section of the return with a 'tick box if unchanged' option.

Last edited:
Back