Anglo and Irish Nationwide Deposits have been transferred

I went into a branch on Friday 18th and the clerk said the same thing to me. The rate stays the same until it roll-overs, which for me is June. I presume then the rate will be whatever PTSB have at that time.

PTSB may keep INBS customers on different 'legacy not open to new business' rates to their other customers.

Got another "Confirmation" letter from Anglo for a recent lodgement I made to my Premium Demand Account. No mention of AIB - not even a little sticker on the letter. I still use AngloConnnect Online service - you would forget that your money is actually with AIB. I wonder when the next 'update' on the transfer process will be. I would imagine you would get a new AIB a/c number for example.

[broken link removed]

AIB seem to be going about this 'transfer process' in an oddball fashion (see my previous post also).

[broken link removed]

AIB seem to be going about this 'transfer process' in an oddball fashion (see my previous post also).

Hi Theresa,

Totally agree.

AIB have kept all instant access and term deposit products for sale via Anglo branches and the Anglo website. However, their 1 year term deposit "reward" product is now only available via a new AIB call center "Personal Savings Team".

What are AIB at? Are they slowly moving the products one by one to a new AIB call center?

Got another "Confirmation" letter from Anglo dated June 1 for a recent lodgement I made to my Premium Demand Account. No mention of AIB - not even a little sticker on the letter.

They seem to be making the changes in a piecemeal fashion. Bit by bit.

The Anglo Fixed Reward Account is now re-branded as AIB Direct and listed on the AIB website.

The Anglo instant access accounts are now re-branded as AIB Direct and listed on the AIB website but also still listed on the Anglo website. Also, as Teresa pointed out, docs are still going out with the Anglo brand.

The Anglo 1 month, 3 months & 6 months term deposits are now re-branded as AIB Direct and listed on the AIB website.

Strangely, the Anglo 2 year+ term deposits are still branded as Anglo and not listed on the AIB website.

Got another "Confirmation" letter from Anglo dated June 1 for a recent lodgement I made to my Premium Demand Account. No mention of AIB - not even a little sticker on the letter.

- Same again a few days ago. It's also very odd still being able to log in to Anglo Connect and checking your money and again not a mention of AIB.

Yeah, AIB have been dragging their heals with the Anglo integration process.

Multiple term deposit products are still only available under the Anglo brand and not the new AIB Direct brand.

Just got a letter from Anglo (AIB Direct) to inform me my Fixed Term Reward Account will be maturing this month. They invite me to phone them to discuss the options or go to Anglo website. Again no mention whatsoever of AIB in the letter.

Sorry if this was posted previously - only noticed it myself in my Spam folder from mid-September - from AIB!

We hope to develop this service even further and will continue to offer attractive savings products which are competitively priced. However, as we complete the transfer process there will be changes to how your account operates.

From 14th October 2011, the following changes will take effect:

• Your ability to view the balance on your account(s) online, via AngloConnect will no longer be available and all queries relating to your account(s) should be directed to our dedicated team on 1850 44 22 22
  • We will no longer email you regarding your account and all communications including statements will be issued by post rather than email. The address we have on file for you is as follows:

"From 14th October 2011, the following changes will take effect:

• Your ability to view the balance on your account(s) online, via AngloConnect will no longer be available and all queries relating to your account(s) should be directed to our dedicated team on 1850 44 22 22"
Thanks for your post - first I heard about this and a backward step without an AIB Direct online alternative.

It really is shocking how long it is taking AIB to rebrand the Anglo deposits. Also, it is shocking that they are not providing online access.

By contrast, PTSB seem to have finished the INBS integration and they are providing online access.

I just rang them as I hadn't received anything since Febuary and they confirmed closure of online services from tomorrow but phone services remain the same with Anglo for the near future. Apparently they are waiting on the IT department to upgrade and merge the systems.

AIB have now ended the IBRC (Anglo) branch service for their 'Direct' deposit customers (former Anglo products).

All AIB Direct deposit customers must now operate their account online/by phone only.

From The Examiner:

AIB has withdrawn staff from branches of IBRC where they were providing deposit account banking facilities to former Anglo Irish customers.
Customers of IBRC branches in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Waterford will be affected by the withdrawal of staff.

A note posted on the door of IBRC in Cork said that customers could operate their deposit accounts using telephone banking or post.

"Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited will be no longer provide a walk-in service to deposit account customers.

Still no sign of AIB Direct issuing new account number's to replace old Anglo account number's.

I contacted my local branch to open a 1 year fixed account at AIB's 3.85%. I was told that this only applied to AIB direct. I contacted AIB direct to be told that I could not walk in off the street to open an account. I could not drop in an envelope either. I had to post my cheque plus copies of my passport, utility bills etc or deliver it through the AIB blue bag system. It took a while for the application forms to be posted out to me as well.

AIB Bank will be withdrawing the Premium Demand Account (Old Anglo Bank) commencing 22nd March 2013. Existing account holders will be moved to a new AIB Direct Deposit Access Account by the end of July 2013. New Account number and National Sort Code will be issued.

The special liquidation of IBRC must have hurried them up - alot of stationery into the bin I'd imagine.

AIB Bank will be withdrawing the Premium Demand Account (Old Anglo Bank) commencing 22nd March 2013. Existing account holders will be moved to a new AIB Direct Deposit Access Account by the end of July 2013. New Account number and National Sort Code will be issued.

Thanks for sharing this.

AIB currently don't have any account called "AIB Direct Deposit Access Account" , although, AIB have very similarly named accounts. Is this a new account that they are launching? Do you know if you will be given a new rate?

On a date between March and July 2013 the balance of your account will be moved from the Premium Demand Account, including interest which has accrued on your existing account which will be capitalised net of DIRT, where applicable.

The variable interest rate on the Premium Demand Account will be the rate applied to your new AIB Direct Deposit Access Account at the time of opening.

You will get a final statement for Premium and an opening statement for Access Account.

Back