Alternative plans?

davel

Hi,

My wife is on Glo Bloom Plus plan with no daily care. Our two children 3 and 2 are on that plan.

Premium at renewal has jumped from 840 to 1260. It's not an outrageously expensive plan but any jump hurts.

Would like to get semi private in a public. We've never made any real use of the day to day expenses. Would like any excess amounts to be reasonable (max 200 - 250).. there are no health concerns nor persistent issues that require recurring care (and long may it stay that way).

If anyone could help and offer some advice - that would be great.

-Dave

davel,

I think the reason for the jump in price relates to the children's plan.
Bloom Plus plan was free for children under 3 years last year but this offer is no longer available.

In order to achieve savings, VHI are most competitive on price for children at the moment.
VHI allow children to be insured on their own, an adult is just named on the policy but just the children are insured.
Public hospital cover, semi private room, is sufficient for children aged 2 + 3. The following VHI plan is good value, details as follows;
1. One Plan Starter; price per child 107; public hospital cover, semi-private room.

Comparison with Bloom Plus on the following link;
[broken link removed]

Wife option
Bloom Plus plan is a very good plan, covering public and private hospitals at a reasonable price, which would be worth staying on
for the year ahead.

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
I amended the above post, just to confirm Bloom Plus is still a good option for your wife only, with VHI One Plan Starter recommended for
the 2 children.

Back