AIB wary of transferring money to Trade Republic

Mike Rosoft

Hi,
I went into my local AIB recently to do my first EFT from my current account to my newly opened Trade Republic account but the manager is very skeptical of sending money to a bank that doesn't even had a phone number to talk to someone in person and is warning me of the potential for a scam where I could lose my money. Manager is satisfied the IBAN is legit but has asked me to come back with further proof the website/phone app is genuine.
Any advice on how I can reassure the manager and myself.
Thanks

It is nice they are being more careful as lots of people get scammed and lose a lot of money on fake and scammy investment companies but this is ridiculous. A quick google shows you they are legit.

It is nice they are being more careful as lots of people get scammed and lose a lot of money on fake and scammy investment companies but this is ridiculous. A quick google shows you they are legit.
Thanks guys I've instructed bank to release funds

Ì had this late last year with my branch and two others I visited. I asked one guy could I speak to a manager and I asked him had he heard of TR and he admitted he had his savings with them. They just want to keep your money.

Back