AIB -had enough- anyone recommend a good Bank/Current Account?

I am also with UB, but have standard A/C, i.e fees are €0 per month..

I am dubious about the "real" benefit of U First A/C (i have read the literature about it, and it seems full of gimmicks like discounted events, hotels, restaurant, discounted (-1%) loan (APR 9%) while Tesco rate is 7.9% (even though Tesco used UB for loans!)).
The only potentially interesting one is interest on current A/C... but you need something like €3k balance to recover the fees of €9 per month

so still dubious abotu it... but Miles may be able to elaborate on where he sees the benefits.

Bought four Electric Picnic tickets at €175 each. 25% off each one so effectively the fourth was free. Saving €175.

5% saved on holiday. Equated to €150.

€9 fee x 12 months = €108.

Another vote for Ulster Bank here. I find that the staff in branches and at the call centre are generally very helpful and polite, and I feel that Ulster Bank go out of their way more to give personal service. For example I was recently charged a fee for an unpaid direct debit and I called into a branch to say I was unhappy about being charged this fee for a number of reasons. While explaining to me that this was their policy without exception they did refund the charge to me, and I got a call from the manager of my branch that afternoon to explain what had happened. I had an account with AIB several years back and found them extremely unhelpful in every department.

Back