Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

Hi Suzy,

Nothing yet. My solicitor is still away, but got a letter from her secretary saying they are expecting them by the middle of Jan. So hopefully this week or next week.

Were you given any indication as to when you'll be getting your keys? And when are you getting the snag list done?

My solicitor is still awaiting to hear back from the council solictors to arrange for the engineer to be let into the house. So we have to wait for them to get back to us to arrange that. It will be about 2 weeks I'd say maybe a bit sooner.

Dylanjohn, Suzy

I had an engineer arranged to do the snag list and when my solicitor got in contact with the County for the keys, they said there was no need as they had all ready got all the houses snagged when they bought them from the builder. So im just going to go ahead and close. Hope this helps.

Hi Mel,

Just found that out from solicitor so I have cancelled engineer. Have you got your keys/contracts signed?

Hi Suzi,

Yes i signed the contracts before xmas. My solicitor said i should have the keys by the end of the week. Finally!!

Thanks Suzi, Yeah Highfield Park. They're fab! I could believe how nice they were when we went to view. I thought we had to have been in the wrong place! Did your solicitor tell you when you will get your keys?

Hopefully the start of next week just in the process of closing now. Just can't wait to get them now and get the place sorted. I can't wait! Not too much longer now I hope. Did you get your measurements and all that done yet?

Yeah they had a day about a month ago where they opened all the houses so people could get measurments, but there was a few things i forgot as i only had my hour lunch break to do it. Its going to be pretty expensive trying to furnish the whole house, but there is no panic i suppose. I dont care as long as i get the keys. All excited!

Hi Jasonia,

Hoe long did it take after signing the contracts to get the keys? Did you get a snag list done?
we close on the monday before xmas and got the call off the county to collect keys on the friday

Hi Jasonia,

In the process of closing hopefully we should have our keys at some stage next week! Did you have any luck getting the clawback reduced?

Suzy,

Now that you have the contracts signed, what else has to be done by the solicitor to close?

He sends off the stuff to EBS to drawdown the cheque and then you will have to organise house insurance and your life cover and stuff before the money is drawndown.

And does the solicitor do everything, or do you do this? Sorry if I sound thick - I really just dont have a clue!

The solicitor will get you to sign the forms for the mortgage and they then send them to EBS. She should then advise you to of a date to get your house insurance and life cover to start. They then pretty much handle the rest. Did you look around for insurance quotes or are you still going with EBS? After the solicitor sends off the forms for EBS you should contact them to make sure everything is ok and that nothing is outstanding and they will let you know then how long it will take to get the funds issued to your solicitor.

Ok, thats sounds pretty straight forward. I decided in the end to just go with EBS for home insurance, I just want it all to move along. I was onto my solicitors secretary a couple of days ago, and asked whats the delay etc, and that everyone seems to have signed. She reassured me that there were still a couple of their clients waiting aswell, so that eased my mind a bit. I just want it done, wont be happy till I have the keys!

I know alot of people that haven't got their contracts either so try not to stress over it.

Back