Affordable Housing Holywell Swords

• Thread starter FeelingTired
  • Start date
F

FeelingTired

Hi All,

Did any of you get offers to go and view the properties in Holywell,Swords?

Do any of you know anything about these properties,are they nice?Is there a mix of affordable and social housing at these locations?Do any of you know where exactly they are in Holywell,can't find exact location on maps as they don't seem to be on them yet.

I responded to the letter and viewing is taking place next Wednesday,awaiting a reply on what time I will be viewing.Any of you gonna be there?What time is your viewing at?

Cheers.

FT

One bedroom apartments on ground floor,2 and 3 bed duplexes also.Prices from 150k - 185k.

These are in the newer side of Holywell, if you are coming in from Airside turn right at the roundabout, or coming in from Kinsealy turn right after where they're building the shops, go straight thru the roundabout then left at the big roundabout and straight thru the 2nd big roundabout. Think there are some houses too as there are definitely empty houses on the roads mentioned in the letter.

Put my name down for a 3 bed duplex in Holywell Wood,very nice I thought,better than the 3 bed houses in my opinion.

Anyone else have a look around or book anything today?

I put my name down for one of these units. But I wanted to have another good look at the place before I buy. Does anyone know if its possible to get another look before you have to put down a deposit?

I asked on the day and was told I couldn't but maybe there's a way...

Yeah I want to have a snoop around again before I commit with my Dad and that, I emailed one of the addresses on the list they gave us yesterday to ask and am awaiting a reply.

Do you know what the situation with parking is, does everyone who owns a place get a spot assigned or is it a free for all?

communal parking - no assigned spots! Unless its changed from all the other phases in the development.

I asked a few questions, one being parking, and they didn't know. Told me i'd find out at the interview... when i'm to leave a deposit.

Parking in Holywell is a free for all. There are plenty of spaces but no one owns any.

I booked a 3 bed house on viewing day - was really very impressed with the overall feel of the area and thought most of the properties were great. The whole process was very rushed on the day though. Don't know how they managed to have so many people viewing at the same time.
Has anyone heard anything further from the council yet?

@hiitsonlyme:
I also thought it was very rushed. Arrived on time and had only 30mins to look around. Was hanging around then for about an hour waiting before I got called in to book a place. Couldn't leave because I was 'next'. But I finally got a placed booked. :)

The sales team are contacting people from this week to come in for the final approval. All paperwork ready except I still haven't decided whether to go with the Council or Bank for my mortgage!

On a different note... I wonder why a lot of the units were left empty for so long? I did ask but didn't get a straight answer.

I never even thought about the empty units until you mentioned it. But you're right - they must be there quite a while, because the rest of the area looks nicely settled down.
It would be interesting to know if they still have many units still left now. There were quite a few very happy people in front of me on the list who also booked, but I hope we don't have to wait until everything is sold before we can move in. I really am jumping the gun here!
I would so love to have another look inside - I can hardly remember what the rooms are like. I went for a peep around (outside) at the weekend, sort of looking for any faults I might have missed, but I couldn't find any

beenalongday;703174I said:
still haven't decided whether to go with the Council or Bank for my mortgage!
How exactly do you get a bank mortgage? Is it different from going for a 'normal' mortgage, as I read only 6 financial institutions do them? is there any different lending criteria etc?

Back