Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown

irishcelts

Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine
can anyone tell me if the prize of an affordable housing will dropped due to the recession. (ie) €250,000 for an 2 bedroom apartment in stepaside quoted a year ago. would this have to be revalueated.

Re: Affordable housing

Affordable housing
can anyone tell me if the prize of an affordable housing will dropped due to the recession. (ie) €250,000 for an 2 bedroom apartment quoted a year ago but still hav'nt being contacted yet. would this have to be revalueated. has anyone being in the same boat

I doubt they will drop the price you have to pay. Typically they reduce the clawback amount if the market value has dropped.

No, the prices haven't changed. They are revalued every few months and the clawback changes, but not the asking price. The still represent a discount of about 25% of market prices though.

No, the prices haven't changed. They are revalued every few months and the clawback changes, but not the asking price. The still represent a discount of about 25% of market prices though.
No they don't!The 'market' is falling rapidly and many AH are now the same prices as those on the market. Buying an AH now is madness.

Thanks Lads,

I'm viewing an apartment in Parkview today, madness it may be but no harm to have a look.
you never know, it might be perfect :)

I see you viewed Priors Gate do you mind me asking why you turned it down? and have you viewed other apts blocks?

I'm viewing an apartment in Parkview today, madness it may be but no harm to have a look.
you never know, it might be perfect :)[/quote]

what number are you on the list that you are now viewing apartments in parkview, is it the ash, ceder oak or the red brick apartments. let me know which one's and what there like.
thanks

Thanks Lads,

you never know, it might be perfect :)

Hi,

Looked at apartments in "Block 1", there was no mention of any tree like names?
Only a couple of months ago I was told I'd be waiting for a while so I presume many people are turning them down for whatever personal reasons.
They seem fine, well made once you get the fact of the lower fitout spec and out of your head. Some of the bedrooms are very small.

None of the tree-named parkview are affordable. The affordable are the redbrick ones beside the creche. They are a lower spec in terms of kitchens and bathrooms. I think they're actually nicer in many ways though. I viewed the private ones and they are very overlooked and cramped. Wouldn't have bought one. Very happy with my affordable parkview.

The affordable blocks are called 'the belfry', though there is no name up yet.

what number are you on the list that you are now viewing apartments in parkview, is it the ash, ceder oak or the red brick apartments. let me know which one's and what there like.
thanks

i was told i might get one on parkview 'the belfry' in 2009, i guess it the red brick one's. have you moved in yet

i decided to take an affordable unit at the belfry also. i was in two minds for a while, but happy that i got it now. i like th fact that it's overlooking the green outside.
ive seen a friend's new 'luxury' place in rathfarnham, its nice etc but not worth the 200k more than what the befry will cost. but the only thing is the delay in getting into it! has anyone moved in yet, or have an idea when it might be? the council told me a fw weeks ago that they are waiting on the dates of birth of the Directors of the management company so as they can be registered! as helpful as he saff there are, i didn't buy that line!
anyone got any clue?

People have been told different things.
From mid November to mid-December.

Depends on what stage you're at. If you haven't signed contracts yet I'd say expect January at the earliest. Ask them if your sale has been cleared at the council meeting yet.
You can add on at least 6 weeks from date of council meeting.

thanks Cheeus...
i signed initial contracts with my solicitor about 6 weeks ago now. he said we'd close on 30th Sept so i moved out of my rented accom on that basis. I couldn't bare to wait until jan, i'd go mad!

Hi,

The Belfry (Parkview) apartments looked well built when I looked at them, they were only unfinished in terms of fitout.

The council's asking price appears to be set in stone and so I decided to turn it down, for that money I could buy a 2 bed house with a garden without any management fees - albeit not in stepaside:)

That is not really the fault of the council, if the offer had come up 18 months ago I would have jumped at it very happily and I presume anyone that takes up an offer will be happy there.

Unfortunately/Fortunately?, the drop in house prices has made the pricing on the affordable housing scheme unrealistic, in my opinion.

cheers and good luck.

"i like th fact that it's overlooking the green outside."

Is that the green where the Traveller accommodation will be?

I have to agree with Po'F on this. I will be viewing a 3-bedroom in The Belfry next week but at 350K I can't see myself going for it.

You could get a 3-bedroom house in the area for that money these days with no conditions or management fees.

Each to his own but I don't see the attraction of "apartment living" and I'm not too worried about heated towel rails and the rest.

Back