Affordable Housing - cork area

Hi Intermec1,
No they didn't contact me at all. I posted my response and had to ring them to drop an additional item in. I asked then what the situation was. I got the impression that competition is high for this area, i am less hopeful after speaking to them...

Hi Intermec1,
No they didn't contact me at all. I posted my response and had to ring them to drop an additional item in. I asked then what the situation was. I got the impression that competition is high for this area, i am less hopeful after speaking to them...

i know it is so hard to get them to answer the phone or give you any usefull information that might help with your application. fingers crossed i suppose is all we can do thanks ann84

Hi people. I am on the wait list for Kilbrack Grove in Blackrock also. I went to check them out the other day and they look good quality, although the gardens may be a bit small for some people, depends on your preference really. There seems t obe sky lights iun all of them so maybe a loft coversion room also? There is no road through yet and no turf or anything laid in the gardens.

I spoke to the council on Monday, they have no prices on these houses yet and the letters of offer were due to go out in January 2009 butthey will more than likely be in Febuary now.

A friend also received a letter to re-express interest, he rang the council and aked how many letters have gone out, they said around 900!!!! for 37 houses.

I suppose you can take some of those out of the picture though with Unemployment, people who may not have responded, people who may not be able to affoprd them and people who may have bought in the mean time, but id still say there will be at least 200/400 people trying for 37 houses.

Does anybody have anuy idea of what spec will be in the houses? wil lthere be flooring and kitchen ect ect..........

Good luck to all involved anyhow.

Simo

hi has any one else recieved an offer for kilbrack grove, if they have have they paid the deposit and heard anything back from the council. Also does anyone know if kitchens or any fittings are included in these builds.

Hi everybody,
im new to this applied to ebs for a mortgage approval before i put in my application form to the county council. any advice for me?
thanks

Does anybody know are they offering affordable houses in lios rua in ballyvolane?

Hi Cirbir.

I don't know if there are any more houses being offered in Lios Rua at the moment but there were certainly some given out towards the end of last year. I applied at the time but didn't get one and they said the interest had been huge.

However, I know the county council have excess houses in some areas and are reducing prices so if you are able to move outside the city a bit it would be worth giving them a ring.

Hey there people, so who ended up in Kilbrack Grove? just interested in how things panned out being as i spent ages in thehope of getting one there myself, i saw on another post that the builders were saying that the council should not have sent the letters out ect ect.

I managed ot buy on the open market myself, should have the keys by 29th May.

hi Lizd
Thanks for the reply. I live near there it would of been bril and all had my heart set on them, do you know roughly how long you would be waiting for a reply? shame you didnt get offered one they are lovely houses.

anybody know how long the waiting list in cork is? not really gettin any feedback from the council?

Back