Affordable housing Beechpark leixlip

weston

Does anyone know how the propertys that are due for completion Feb/March are progressing

Does anyone know how the propertys that are due for completion Feb/March are progressing

I was over there about 3 weeks ago and it looks like the block work is complete on a few of them, no roof timbers fitted yet.

Which house did you get, PM me if you like.

i called up after your reply and the tiles are on the roof of some of the houses,

My one looks well its no 177,which one did you get?

That block is right behind my house, the roof and tiles are on the houses. They are dashing the outside of them, Id say they'll be ready for Feb/March by the looks of things maybe before.

Welcome new neighbours :)
I moved into my affordable home in Beech Park in June this year and we are very happy. Its a nice estate, just a pity about the public transport service. Ah well, you cant have it all!

Good luck with everything.

Thank you Shivers, I haven't moved in yet, how are you finding the estate, seems really nice, how are the managment company? Any other issues besides the public transport

I am finding the estate grand in general and the builders have also been very good helping out with a couple of little problems we have had in the house post moving in.
Not really feeling any great presence of the management company tbh. What type of house are you buying? I am in a 3-bed duplex and they are supposed to clean windows but this has not been done in the 6 months I have been there. The greeen areas are well maintained. Slight parking issue (people parking along edge of road instead of in designated parking spaces) but the management company have issued letters about this.
Honestly nothing major!
When are you moving in?

hi am due to close sale in beechpark leixlip soon but valuation has dropped to 310000 from 350000 and bank are offering less as the value has dropped any advice would be appreciated

Same here....different development and with DCC. I've asked for a price reduction and DCC reduced it by a measly 15k....still not enough!!!!! Not sure what to do.....I can go for it but it's bye-bye furniture budget!!!!!

hi am due to close sale in beechpark leixlip soon but valuation has dropped to 310000 from 350000 and bank are offering less as the value has dropped any advice would be appreciated

My valuation has dropped from 360k to 315k, same position as yourself with the bank :(

Thats a huge drop in price....wow! Mine was valued at €340k this time last year, couldnt tell you what it is worth now but im guessing a lot less :rolleyes:

Could you maybe renegotiate your clawback percentage at the very least? I know KCC dont have the higest one by any means but at least when house prices pick up eventually you will own more of it.

Good luck with it anyway

Thats a huge drop in price....wow! Mine was valued at €340k this time last year, couldnt tell you what it is worth now but im guessing a lot less :rolleyes:

Could you maybe renegotiate your clawback percentage at the very least? I know KCC dont have the higest one by any means but at least when house prices pick up eventually you will own more of it.

Good luck with it anyway

The real problem is the bank won't loan enough to proceed with the purchase based on the lower valuation :(

Hi Neil_Ireland
Have you been back onto your council to see will they reduce further? I spoke to DCC this morning and told them I'm 8k short of securing the mortgage...I was told they'd have a look and see what they could do. They even re-valued the property 3 weeks after my lenders valuation and came up with a valuation of 10k more!!!!! They know they've over-valued the properties by a long shot so it stands to reason they're asking price would be more.

We know they're in debt so why dont they just get rid of the properties for whatever they can get them for!!!!!

Hi Neil_Ireland
Have you been back onto your council to see will they reduce further? I spoke to DCC this morning and told them I'm 8k short of securing the mortgage...I was told they'd have a look and see what they could do. They even re-valued the property 3 weeks after my lenders valuation and came up with a valuation of 10k more!!!!! They know they've over-valued the properties by a long shot so it stands to reason they're asking price would be more.

We know they're in debt so why dont they just get rid of the properties for whatever they can get them for!!!!!

Yeah the Council don't want anythig to do with it, said it's up to me and the developer.

Hi All,

Same thing happened to me with the affordable housing in beech park, it was value at 380k when we put the deposit down and then the bank value it and said it was only worth 360k, but they still let me have the mortgage but said on their documents that it would be valued at 360k.

Which bank are you going with? You shouldn't have to pay the difference. Like you I rang KCC they couldn't do anything for me either, there crap to deal with. I would advise you to ring the Affordable Housing Partnership. They are very nice and will give you advice.

If you need to ask me anything just let me know.

Yeah the Council don't want anythig to do with it, said it's up to me and the developer.

hey neil Weston, I am in the same boat, am getting a mid-terrace three bed house but value has dropped from 350 to 290 according to valuation, no way i can make up difference, how have you gone about trying to get it sorted...it is ready for snagging but how can i move forward if i have to find 40K to make it work which i cant

hey neil Weston, I am in the same boat, am getting a mid-terrace three bed house but value has dropped from 350 to 290 according to valuation, no way i can make up difference, how have you gone about trying to get it sorted...it is ready for snagging but how can i move forward if i have to find 40K to make it work which i cant

Get your solicitor to contact the estate agent/developers solicitor to ask for a reduction of purchase price, otherwise you can't go ahead. I've been waiting 4 weeks now and no news yet. Snag due on mine this week.

What number are you buying?

Get your solicitor to contact the estate agent/developers solicitor to ask for a reduction of purchase price, otherwise you can't go ahead. I've been waiting 4 weeks now and no news yet. Snag due on mine this week.

What number are you buying?

buying one of the 170's...no luck getting anything back in relation to what you suggest...have heard that i have signed a contract a few times

Did any of you have any luck with your banks, I see there a one or two people after moving in on your block, heating seems to be on in the houses too

Still waiting to hear back from the bank and the ahp up to this morning their was no news mayby the people who moved in have done a deal but it would be in all buyers interest if everyone stuck together re the current market value and the principle of afferdable houseing

Back