Affordable housing - a timing thing

T

tiptel

I've just started looking into trying to get an affordable house. The earnings ceiling is €40,000 and I'm currently earning a gross of just over €39,000. This year, I'll be getting an increment (I'm a civil servant) and it'll push me over the 40 grand mark. Is there any point in my even applying to get onto a list?

Why not apply? The application when I last looked went on your previous P60 & last 3 wageslips. They aren't going to state your increment.
You won't know until you try...

when you apply to Fingal you have to send in your P60 from last year, and payslips for past 6 months, thats what they work on and base your application so your increase this year won't matter really.

If you have all of the above you should go ahead and apply.

I've just started looking into trying to get an affordable house. The earnings ceiling is €40,000 and I'm currently earning a gross of just over €39,000. This year, I'll be getting an increment (I'm a civil servant) and it'll push me over the 40 grand mark. Is there any point in my even applying to get onto a list?

it's based on the previous tax year and the affordable housing allows a single person with an income of up to €55K a year apply.

it's based on the previous tax year and the affordable housing allows a single person with an income of up to €55K a year apply.

Sammie, the income limit for the standard affordable housing scheme is 40K, the 56K limit is for the affordable housing initiative...a different scheme.

The Part V, ie 20% private developments, max u can earn is €55...for a single person and it is based on your previous tax year.

Back