Aerlingus Sale

Can you view the seat availability before you make a booking? It seems to me that you have to purchase your flights first, get a reference code, before you are allowed to see availability?

AFAIK yes it is possible to view the seat availability before you make the booking using the option above. I certainly did a booking quite some time ago and was able to see the availability beforehand.

I regularly look at options and view the seating available. I rarely travel because I'm a bad traveller and I'm also too lazy. When 'beam me up Scottie becomes available I'll go then :D

Hi Robbie,

You will need to progress your booking to the 'Price' page and when you do so you will see the heading 'Seat Map' and click on the 'View Map' option and this gives the seats still available. As you have made your bookings now you probably already know about this option.

This only shows you the seats that people have paid to reserve, not how many people have booked.
Passengers have to pay now to reserve these seats in advance so most (I assume) will wait and pick a seat at check in.
So this map will give no indication of how many seats have actually been booked on the flight so far
(except on transatlantic where you can reserve your seat for free)

I see the Aer Lingus Autumn sale announced today of up to 50% off is still making the cost of flying with them very expensive. No matter what type of sale they announce the end price always seem to remain the same. I have been tracking a few destinations and I know that the Free, 10%, 20% 30% 50% sale prices is just a gimmick because they fiddle around with the unit price and the taxes and charges. You never really get a "WoW" sale with them.

Back