advice what to do with suspended wooden floor

pmcf

Im hoping someone can offer some advice,our bedroom room floor is always so cold its making the whole room cold i want to get it sorted out before winter comes round again .Putting a cement floor in was my first thought but i didnt realise that there was such a big space under the floor and most likely would cost me a huge amount to get a cement floor put in.im not sure what the best way is to fix the problem any advice would be great

Can you take up the boards without destroying them? We did this. Then we (my husband!) nailed wire to the joists and put rockwool down. Re-instated floorboards and all was great. Did same job on the floors on the ground level.

Can you take up the boards without destroying them? We did this. Then we (my husband!) nailed wire to the joists and put rockwool down.Re-instated floorboards and all was great. Did same job on the floors on the ground level.
good advise but additional:

• install a vapour barrier/ air-tightness membrane on the warm side ie between the joists & floor finish, to stop air-flow & moisture movement in insulation zone.
  • be careful not to block any exsiting vents from the external to the sub-floor

Can you take up the boards without destroying them? We did this. Then we (my husband!) nailed wire to the joists and put rockwool down. Re-instated floorboards and all was great. Did same job on the floors on the ground level.

thanks emerlads i think i can take up the old floor boards without much trouble but i dont mind replacing them if i have to.i never thought about using rockwool would this be better than kingspan insulation ?.

good advise but additional:

• install a vapour barrier/ air-tightness membrane on the warm side ie between the joists & floor finish, to stop air-flow & moisture movement in insulation zone.
  • be careful not to block any exsiting vents from the external to the sub-floor

Thanks id never thought about a vapour barrier ill add it to my shopping list for next time i go to b&q

Thanks id never thought about a vapour barrier ill add it to my shopping list for next time i go to b&q

You're likely to struggle to get that in B&Q, you'd be better off going to a proper builder's providers where stuff like that is significantly cheaper.

Back