Advice wanted Re Budapest apartment

PATMAC

Hi folks
I got this email on Friday regarding my tenant in Budapest:
Dear Patrick,

I would like to inform you that after noticing the tenant more times, he keeps not paying. He paid the rent until the end of February, but he didn’t pay for utility and common cost.
The situation seemed to be solvable 1 month ago, because his relatives transferred money from Germany.
He promised to send me the proof of transfer (March rent), but I didn’t receive it yet. I have already told him that I would put him out from the flat with a contract termination and a lock replacement. I am sending the formal termination to him today.
(I have already double checked with our finance, but his promised rent for March didn’t reach our account from Germany.)
Probably we can cover his costs from his deposit and I keep trying to collect the rental fee for March. He will have the whole weekend to think over things, on Monday I will throw out his stuff if he is still there. I am sorry for the bad news.
Then this one today from the Management Company:
Dear Pat,

The tenant’s mother has just sent this e-mail.So from now on I will rather keep contact to her regarding financial issues.
Email from the tenant's Mother to Management Company:

Dear Management Company,

I am the Mother of ****** and I did transfer 450,--€ to your account on friday 27.03.09. I send you the paper of the bank by fax. Please do me a favour and send all details of the costs, if possible in € to my E-mail, because I have no plan about paid and open costs.

The problem is that the Management company are saying the rent is €400 per month. Would the extra €50 be for the utility costs or are they charging the tenant €450 but telling us it is only €400 and if so what do I do?

Re: Advice wanted

[FONT=&quot]Please the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be closed.

Brendan
Administrator [/FONT]

It looks to me like he is paying the rent plus 50 euro to cover the common costs. I doubt very much if there is anything amiss here, apart from a shaky tenant.

Back