Advice re Dublin Restaurant 65 Birthday

cara mc k

Dear AAM,

A close relative of mine is 65 in December, I am looking for a nice Dublin Northside restaurant for a family meal, It also must be wheelchair accessible. As most of the people are of the over 50 variety and safe eaters, Thai, Indian etc is off the menu. Also as it is December I don't want to be beside noisy offfice parties, as our meal is much more sedate!!

I know I am asking for a lot but has anyone any suggestions.

thanks
Cara Mc K

I've heard great reports from family about The Snail Box near Ashbourne..food is steak etc..not sure about the wheelchair assessible bit though...you'd have to check

I have never met anybody who had a good experience in Rhodes 7.

I'm surprised it's still open.

I have never met anybody who had a good experience in Rhodes 7.

I'm surprised it's still open.

Yes definitely wouldn't recommend Rhodes either. What about a hotel venue? The Jury's Inn at Croke Park is quite nice. Lovely bar and the food is pretty good too. Dining room is never too packed (except match days of course!)....

The Mulberry Restaurant, behind the Half-Way House on the Navan Rd at Ashtown has a very nice lunch & dinner menu. Took the folks + relations for 50th anniversary Sunday lunch last year, all enjoyed it. The restaurant is wheelchair accessible as far as I remember

I hated Rhodes D7...terrible experience. Really bad food, really bad service; will never go back. Hugely over-rated. Someone mentioned Seven in Manor St. and I would second that...had a really good meal there but I'm not sure how good it would be for wheelchair users.

I don't think Rhodes 7 is over-rated as Ron is the only person I've ever heard who has a good word to say about it.

To be fair, the day I was there, the service was good. But I couldn't say the same about the food. Every course I had was a disaster but I couldn't complain as somebody else was paying; they were taken in by the Rhodes' name. I wouldn't have chosen to go there myself.

I hated Rhodes D7...terrible experience. Really bad food, really bad service; will never go back.

Don't blame you for not going back if that was the case. I've had the opposite experience and have gone back, three or four times. Maybe they've improved?

it was my mothers 70th two years ago and we had a meal in the Maples Hotel in glasnevin - everyone had a good time and the food was great. this year it was my fathers 70th and we had his in the Washerwomans hill in glasnevin - this was also very good

Don't blame you for not going back if that was the case. I've had the opposite experience and have gone back, three or four times. Maybe they've improved?
I thought it was very good but the food is not for everyone. Some people I know don't like Mint in Ranelagh but others rate it as the best restaurant in Ireland.

Hmmmm attended a christening in the Maples a while back and the food was awful. Had lunch there recently and the food choice was basic.....

No 10 Ormond Quay. Fantastic spot and the food & service is top class. I was at a wedding there recently. They can cater for about 60/70 people. The wheelchair accessability might be a problem though.

Back