Advice on flooring

DeeKie

We have a very large garage. We’ve decided to split it in two and build a room within it that will act as a den for the kids to hang out , a place I can do some yoga during the day. Our builder is going to put in a suspended floor and effectively build a room within the space with a door and heating etc.

We want to put down flooring that is practical given it will be used for lots of things. It would be nice if it was colourful. It needs to be hard wearing and not too expensive. Any recommendations or ideas?

Thanks but I’m in Dublin. Ireland. I’m thinking about getting a good linoleum floor. Or a floor that is used for kitchens or home gyms. That’s warm under foot. I’d like a bright colour.

We did that a few years ago and just used lino and a couple of heaters. Kept the cost to a minimum as we knew the kids would grow out of it and in due course we may end up knocking the dividing wall again

You could always cover the floor in foam mats that connect together. They are used in gyms and workshops. We did this in a spare room that we used as a home gym during Covid. Worked a treat and kid friendly. Easy to lift up and use elsewhere.

Back