Address on mortgage details different from eircode- looking to switch providers.

Interest%

Hi, When I took out my mortgage, when i applied to the bank i used the address that the estate agent that was selling the house gave me.
The address for the most part is the same but the last part is different. how do i fix this and will it affect my mortgage switch.

Let say mortgage papers showing
122 new spring road,
Bunratty
Co Clare

Versus the eircode showing
122 spring road,
Shannon
Co.clare

Address are fictional of course.

There is the possibility that the eircode address is wrong. Mine was given as no 71 when it is actually 73. I had to apply to eircode to get it fixed.

How are you getting your mortgage related post if the address is completely wrong?

How are you getting your mortgage related post if the address is completely wrong?
Just say for instance bunratty is right next to shannon- the house prices in bunratty are more expensive, people would use bunratty instead of shannon when selling a house. but the eircode would say shannon.
Its not in this area but that is a good example.

Just say for instance bunratty is right next to shannon- the house prices in bunratty are more expensive, people would use bunratty instead of shannon when selling a house. but the eircode would say shannon.
Its not in this area but that is a good example.
Your original post suggested that the address is completely wrong so I'm wondering how you get your post?

If you search the eircode, you have the option of viewing a geographical or postal address. This seems to be a common enough issue particularly in rural areas where old post offices are still included in your address as mail was sorted or routed through there years (and years) ago.

If your address matches either then you should be fine

There is no one official address for any location in Ireland and many versions of address exist for each location such as geographic, postal, electoral, or historical.

There are two different types of address displayed on the Eircode Finder.

Geographic address: This is an address that describes the physical location of an address point using geographic details such as street / road names, townlands / areas / cities, and county details.

Postal address: This is the address that is created and assigned by An Post and is what they recommend for the purpose of mail delivery. Postal addresses may include a post town or county that is not part of the geographic address as it is based on the route mail travels to arrive at the location.

If you search the eircode, you have the option of viewing a geographical or postal address. This seems to be a common enough issue particularly in rural areas where old post offices are still included in your address as mail was sorted or routed through there years (and years) ago.

If your address matches either then you should be fine

Thank you.

There are no canonically "correct" addresses in Ireland. They are essentially created by use and repute. It shouldn't impact a mortgage switch as there are ambiguous addresses everywhere.

Over time all service providers will move to using the eircode as the standard identifier of a residential dwelling, but this will take decades.

It won't affect it in anyway. I can, and do, use four versions of my address.

The eircode one is the least used as it's very specific local area. An post and insurance databases use the wider area name, eircom use the exchange name and locally there's another name.

KBC addresses correspondence to the general name but mortgage documents have the specific name.

There are no canonically "correct" addresses in Ireland. They are essentially created by use and repute. It shouldn't impact a mortgage switch as there are ambiguous addresses everywhere.

Over time all service providers will move to using the eircode as the standard identifier of a residential dwelling, but this will take decades.
Thank you so much.

It won't affect it in anyway. I can, and do, use four versions of my address.

The eircode one is the least used as it's very specific local area. An post and insurance databases use the wider area name, eircom use the exchange name and locally there's another name.

KBC addresses correspondence to the general name but mortgage documents have the specific name.
Thank you so much.

Back