Adamstown Prices

Poped out Saturday to have a look. Was quite impressed with some of the apartments and duplexes, particularly J3 and A1 (J3 had 2 very large balconies which were pretty cool!)

Wasn't too impressed with the layout of the houses. But at 850sq ft for smallest 2 bed apt and just over 1000 sq. ft for 2 bed duplex, I thought the prices were quite reasonable.

Virginiaman said:
Just Launched

1 Bed from €280k
2 Bed from €330k
3 Bed Duplex homes from €335k
4 Bed Homes from €490k

Seem to be very pricey any views?
Did people listen to Liveline today. It seems that the 3 bed duplex at €335K is actually at €385K

Was listening in to Liveline - it was actually one of the bigger 3 beds that was priced at 365k on the price list that turned out to be 385k

Hello all,

Well I went in to see the houses and must say I was impressed. My favourites are J3 and B1 There seems to be a bit of debate about the prices of the duplexes. Well the 3 bed duplex does start at 3,35,000 but they go upto 3,85,000. The difference is in the size. I have provided the links to the website which will give more info.

These are the different kinds of 3 bed duplex (size wise)
Type B1 = 3,85,000 - size is 120 sq.m
Type B2 - no idea about the rice - size = 107 sq.m
Type B - size 113 sq.m
Type B3 - size 103 sq.m
Type A2 - 107 sq.m
Type J1 - 110 sq.m
Type D2 - 124 sq.m
Type C2 - 121 sq.m
Type C4 - 106 sq.m
There's only one type of 2 bed duplex Type A1 - 100 sq.m

I got these from the brochure that i collected from the marketing centre. U can check out the floor plans on the links provided below

[broken link removed] -- info about adamstown in general
[broken link removed] --- u can download the floorpalns

Regards

ciara_gmail said:
Was listening in to Liveline - it was actually one of the bigger 3 beds that was priced at 365k on the price list that turned out to be 385k

From todays Indo

€25,000 house price hike a mistake, says estate agent

Edel Kennedy

AN overnight price hike of €25,000 in the cost of a house is being blamed on human error.

An irate buyer of a new home in Adamstown, Co Dublin, has complained to Gunne Homes that he was quoted €360,000 for a three-bed house in the newly launched scheme.

Speaking on Liveline on RTE he said that he gave a €5,000 deposit to the company last week on the basis that this was the full price of the property.

He said that he was buying the house for his daughter but just 24 hours later was told that the house was in fact €25,000 more expensive.

The error was only discovered when he called the sales office to clarify the property's location.However, Shane Daly, managing director of Gunne New Homes, said that the issue was all down to "human error".

He rejected that there had been any attempt at gazzumping and said that there had been a different type of house priced at €360,000.

"His receipt said €360,000 but his contract would state €385,000," he said last night.

"It was human error and we're holding our hands up. All of the houses in that row were priced at €385,000. He called into our offices and fully accepted what we told him and he was very happy with how it was dealt with."

Mr Daly refused to say whether the property would be offered to the customer at the lower price but said that he would "meet with a view to sorting out the situation". He said that it may be possible to sell him another unit which is correctly priced at €360,000.

"We're not going to see our customers disgruntled," he added.

Legal expert Hugh Hannigan said that there is "no comeback" for the home buyer when mistakes such as this occur.

"What he paid was just a booking deposit that holds the property temporarily," he said.

"But until the contracts are signed he has no right to the property."

The first phase of the 10,000 home scheme was launched last Thursday and 500 sales have been made to date. Priced from €280,000 up to€520,000 the first of the eager buyers arrived 24 hours before its official launch.

The new town in west Dublin will be built over a period of 10 years and will be served by new rail and road links to the city centre.

cant wait to hear the callers to joe duffy if house prices crash!
joe:hello and welcome to liveline,marion you bought a house in clondalkin for 500k and now its worth half that,who do you blame????

Please keep any discussion of the general state of the Irish property market to a separate thread, preferably the one running in The Great Financial Debates.

Another person came out claiming they got the same price and has not been contacted by anybody saying it was a mistyake and he only heard it on the radio.

I'm curious as to how much they will go up in the 3rd phase. My mam took a trip out yesterday to see what the hype is about, chatted to one of the estate agents and he said there's been lots of cancellations already, I know its the norm for complexes to get cancellations but after all the marketing being pumpted into this one, I was surprised to hear of so many cancelling at such an early stage when they only released this time last wk!

Will the developers try keep people sweet after all the talk on the radio this week and not increase the prices by much in 3rd phase or will they press on - who's to know!

There was an article about Adamstown in the Lucan Gazzette over the weekend. It was saying that the developers, Castlehorn, have denied that there will be provision for Travelers near the Adamstown castle site.

From what I can see the following areas will have traveller accomodation;
Somerton
Tubber Lane
Aderrig

Full list here

I will type up the full article if people want later tonight. If i was going to spend over a half a million euro, I would be damn sure not to buy near a halting site.

Folks-keep this inoffensive please.

roryodonnell-I have edited your post-please leave it at that.

And now, one ECB interest rate rise later, what are the developers saying?

Did Bertie cut the ribbon on Adamstown some months ago and say in the press briefing afterwards that it would cause more traffic jams?

I don't think the "prices from" offered for The Paddocks are really that much different & we don't yet know how Maplewoods specifications compare to Castlethorns e.g. Smart Homes Technology, gas central heating ,free white goods package etc.

It is interesting to see the same Solicitors are used for The Paddocks & 5k booking deposit & 15k contracts balance within 21 days ( No mention of free white goods package!)
Adamstown Castle had several show units open for their launch, as far as I can see only a 2 bed Apartment unit is on show + a model for The Paddocks launch.
The Paddocks is totally different in layout to Adamstown Castle with different Architects designs,density,facilities and some Travellers housing units so it will be hard to compare "apples with apples".
I would be worried if The Paddocks isn't "sold out" as quickly and sucessfully as Adamstown Castle was. Lets wait & see how the next phase of Adamstown goes!
Good luck to everyone that has moved in so far & all the new poterential buyers for The Paddocks.

Back