Adamstown Prices

Virginiaman

Just Launched

1 Bed from €280k
2 Bed from €330k
3 Bed Duplex homes from €335k
4 Bed Homes from €490k

Seem to be very pricey any views?

Certainly does. You can get nice 4 bed houses, in established estates with decent gardens around the corner in lucan for €420k ish.

Pricey Adamstown

I agree with the pricey thread re. Adamstown.

The developers are obviously trying to pitch the new 'village' as an upmarket location- considering the general lack of transport services, etc hard to imagine many people will be that stuck to fork out such prices. Plus it seems that the traditional 3 or 4 bed semi etc is no where to be seen!

My advice would be to adopt a 'wait and see' attitude and steer towards the more established areas around Lucan, etc.

wirelessdude said:
would think that that is pretty pricey myself.....

thats steep, far too steep for the area !!

look aroun celbridge/maynooth area, 50mins into town by public transport at peak times, dublin bus, private bus and rail links.

and reputation is much better than adamstown

Pricey indeed... And you know what, i bet you people are going to fight to get one... Good luck

you are dead on with that last post..basically the estate agents are expecting to see people Q-ing over night to buy these houses..expect to see rows of people in sleeping bags hugging thermos flasks outside their office...i kid you not..madness...its simple economics supply and demand they can charge what they like and it will still sell out...

Hi all

Agree with you all that these prices seem very steep. But can I ask where these prices have come from. There doesn't seem to be any details on the offical website regarding prices and the kind of homes to be sold in the first phase. €490,000 for a four bed seems particularily high and only a €5,000 difference between a 2 bed and a 3 bed duplex. Does this make sense?

I understood the 1 beds started at 265K - if you check out the latest edition of "Property Buyer", this is what they quote. However I wouldn't be surprised if prices have risen since they have been advertising the development all over the place including TV and Radio. Developers can gauge demand by inviting people to register their interest and then charge accordingly based on expected demand. The development is being heavily marketed as been an "alternative location" so given the current property madness in Ireland, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out within hours. In fact, a good trick of the trade is to "make it" sell out, i.e. First Phase sells out in record amount of hours for example. That way, the developer can create more demand and interest for future units and increase prices further.

I would agree with other comments that at these prices, you can find relatively "better" value in other areas. For example, Leixlip or Celbridge which are close by and already linked by rail links.

My advice is to leave this one and move onto a more established area- ANYWHERE BUT ADAMSTOWN... It's unproven, overpriced, overhyped, a building site for at least another 10 years and lacks the basic services that one would have expected within the much talked about S.D.Z (strategic development zone).

Has anyone checked details of South Dublin Co. Council's plans www.sdcc.ie for social and affordable housing in the new 'village'. Also worth checking if any voluntary associations (like Cluid, Respond!, St. Vincent de Paul, etc) have plans for similar social housing in the area.

I feel Adamstown launching will be failure from first phase - if the attitude of builder & selling agents doesn't change.

Word to Builders - "Slow & Steady wins the race.... ".Don't make it unreachable... other builder will gain your harvest!!!

Registered with the estate agents and got an email with the prices and some additional info. know a few people who registered as thought it would be ideal for FTB but seem to have been priced out initially.

Yes apparently some 4,000 people have registered an interest, according to Saturday's Irish Independent. But I guess a lot of people who registered would have been FTB and maybe priced out now? Anyway according to the article there expecting ques for the launch. It will be interesting to see what happens.

That's a scandalous price!

I had a look on myhome.ie and it looks as though the 4 beds will be 'townhouses'. That to me suggests 'terraced', if not 'small 4 bed'.

I lived in Lucan up to 3 years ago and was very close to where the end of Adamstown was due to be built. I'm gone 3 years, so maybe things have changed, but, firstly traffic was absolute hell. Hell, Hell Hell!!! The lead up to the M50 roundabout was a dreadful mess, day and night, saturday & Sunday it didn't matter. But worst of all was rush hour. For 3 years I spent 3 hours a day minimum in bumber to bumber traffic to and from work and it was starting to get me down. The bus was ok on the way in, but to get through town and down the quays in the evening took minimum an hour so the bus journey home could be up to 2 hours!

Also, and more importantly, if you are considering buying in Adamstown you should check out the community group in Lucan who were objecting to more houses being built before proper infrastructure was in place. Don't know their name, sorry. Again things may have changed since I moved, but...

The ads on TV which say that all the services and 'guaranteed' may be a little mis-leading. The developers said that they could not build and more than a specified amount of houses until they had made provisions for schools, trains and buses. According to the Lucan group the restrictions put on the developers were not enough. They claim that all it means is that they have to leave a space where a school will go, ensure that a train station is built and paint a bus lane on the road. Then they can proceed. They don't have to wait until a school is actually built or a train has been organised to stop at the station or that there will be buses to go in the bus lanes.

Also, just before we left the local secondary school was running 'a lottery' for places and there was a long queue.

But if this is an area you're interested in look in Lucan itself. There's a 4 bed semi in Rossberry for sale, which is closer to town than Adamstown will be, for €390,000. Even with the full stamp duty rate this is still €70,000 less than Adamstown.

The more I read about houses the more I think we are heading for a crash!

Jimbob2 said:
Also, and more importantly, if you are considering buying in Adamstown you should check out the community group in Lucan who were objecting to more houses being built before proper infrastructure was in place.
and the same groups have been objecting to the building of the outter ring road :mad: .

Jimbob2 said:
I'm gone 3 years, so maybe things have changed, but, firstly traffic was absolute hell. Hell, Hell Hell!!! The lead up to the M50 roundabout was a dreadful mess, day and night, saturday & Sunday it didn't matter. But worst of all was rush hour. For 3 years I spent 3 hours a day minimum in bumber to bumber traffic to and from work and it was starting to get me down.

Its not that bad, its takes me 60mins to drive from Lucan (from the Wodies DIY slip road) to Baggot st in the mornings, I'd say thats fairly comparable to most 8 mile drives into city centre?

Ok,

How long does it take you to get to the slip road or do you live near it? I had to stop using that bridge in the morning because the traffic was so bad and ended up going the back way to the roundabout/slip road at Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. I lived about 2 miles from that roundabout and it took at least 20 minutes to get on to the N4 every morning. It got so bad we started to avoid it altogether by travelling in through Ballyfermot, which wasn't much better.

I had to leave by 7.45am or I hadn't a chance of making Baggot St. by 9am (and didn't always make it). I left at approx. 5.40pm everyday and was lucky to by home by 7pm.

I now live closer and have since bought a moped and my journey time is approx. 11 minutes. Bliss!

And Bacchus, I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with the Lucan community group. I'm just suggesting that people find out as much information as possible about an area before buying - particularly if they going to fork out €490k!!

I know nothing about Adamstown but it seems odd that the differential between the 2 and 3 bed properties is €5k but the differential between the 3 and 4 bed is €155k........misprint? (The differential between 1 and 2 bed units is €50k)

Jimbob2 said:
Ok,

How long does it take you to get to the slip road or do you live near it?

I was saying the Woodies slip road to give people an indication as I thought it is fairly well known, I do find it can take 10 mins to get onto the N4 but the 60mins journey time is from home to work inclusive of getting onto N4. Very rarely does it take longer and sometimes its faster than 60mins. But yeah its still a long time.

No the prices are correct apart from a 2 bed apartments & duplex from 320k not 330. No further details on size etc though just said to come and view!!

1 bed apartments from €280,000
2 bed apartments from €320,000
2 bed duplex homes from €320,000
3 bed duplex homes from €335,000
3 bed homes from €395,000
4 bed homes from €490,000
4 bed homes with study & garage from €520,000

Back