Accessing UB statements.

Armstrongracer

I haven't officially closed my ulster bank account, just transferred all money out. I'm doing end of year accounts and expenses. I tried to access statements online and also through the mobile app and get "account is unavailable" message. This is a major problem, I travel a lot and have quite a large number of transactions that revenue will be looking for. How do I get this information? One of the problems with going paperless.

Here's how:
"If you are not registered for Anytime Banking or need to order a statement because your account is now closed, please contact our Telephony team on 0818 210 260 or visit your local branch."

Last edited:
If the account is still open, then that error should not be appearing. Is that the actual error message you're getting?

I've had a lot of issues with their statement download option failing with errors over the last week. Retrying a few hours later has generally worked for me.

Alternatively, is it possible that you were in the first tranche and UB have already closed it for you?

Last edited:
I can log in to the mobile app and also to the desktop version but neither give account information or balance.

Ok it seems that UB have closed your account, and notification may be pending in Christmas post backlog.

In my case I could still see account information and balances, but statement download was unreliable.

If it's a business account, even if your account is closed, you can ring them and request they email the full years statement. I had to do that recently for end of year accounts also, I had the email within 2 or 3 days. You need to know the account details obviously!! Phone people were sound & know the situation!

Thanks, not a business account, my normal account but I paid for lots of flights and hotels through my current account for business travel so need to see past transactions.

Not sure if you can do the same with a personal account as haven't tried but worth a call to them.

I just corrected my previous post. Applies to personal accounts also - ring them.

Rang them, its been deactivated and even though they can see statements on the system I can't. They will have to send me paper copies, not allowed to email them. This is PITA as I wanted to clear my accounts before year end.

Why didn't you download copies of your statements before closing the accounts?

I didn't close the account, they did. Actually got email saying December statement is available on 6th and my account was locked on the 7th. Go figure!

Was thinking about this, at best can only get 7 years historic statements as pdf's etc Patiently downloading them now! I asked in branch about further back and got a shrug.

Can this be right? People need all sorts of data for all sorts of reasons years later. Wouldn't the regulator have required some warehousing of data?

I'm waiting for them so send me 12 months worth of printed statements, then I have to scan them and throw the paper away. This is such a waste. I asked them to email me pdf's and they can't for some reason.

Was thinking about this, at best can only get 7 years historic statements as pdf's etc Patiently downloading them now! I asked in branch about further back and got a shrug.
I did a lot of UB and KBC downloading over Christmas movies :)
Can this be right? People need all sorts of data for all sorts of reasons years later. Wouldn't the regulator have required some warehousing of data?
I think 7 years is the generally accepted time to keep records, e.g. BoI say
• As a general rule, we keep your information for a specified period after the date on which a transaction has completed or you cease to be a customer. In most cases this period is seven (7) years, but may be twelve (12) years where we had a deed in place.

Back