Access to a will

H

Heritage

Father died some years ago leaving all (we are told by the executor)) to mother.
The executor (a sibling) did not read or circulate the will to other siblings.

Remaining siblings would like to verify the contents, (mother has degraded mentally), but have been told by the executor that they have no entitlement.

Do we have a right know the content of the father's will?
There is no record in the Probate office!

Name of solr acting for executor (and mother) has not been revealed.

If we have the right how does one go about it?

Thank you

No question of contesting, just would like to verify the matter.

I assume you realise that if your sibling is the executor of the will that means he/she cannot be a beneficiary?

Bushfire: You are not correct on this point, and I'm speaking as someone who was both an executor and an beneficiary. Furthermore, if an executor is unwilling or unable to perform the duties of executor, the courts can appoint another to act as executor: this person is almost always a beneficiary.

Bushfire: You are not correct on this point, and I'm speaking as someone who was both an executor and an beneficiary. Furthermore, if an executor is unwilling or unable to perform the duties of executor, the courts can appoint another to act as executor: this person is almost always a beneficiary.

Apologies for the mistake, we were told categorically recently by our solicitor that this was the case so I took it to be true. Apologies again.

Back