Accepting Mortgage offer for 2 banks

Maxed123

We are buying a new build which won't be ready until Sept at the earliest but likely to be more like Nov.
After jumping through many hoops we have been approved and received a letter of offer from two banks. We want to try and keep our options open. Is it ok to accept both letters of offer and send them back signed and then make a decision on which bank to go with closer to the time?
As 6 months will have lapsed it's likely that we may need to be reassessed by the banks and at that stage I would be worried they could come up with issues. So would be good to have 2 options.
But is this allowed? Am I just causing problems for myself? Contracts are signed.
Thanks.

They are only offers so accept both . Nice to have options .There is no requirement to take an offer .
Probably the new build builder is with one of your Banks and if so, that Bank is less likely to be (finding) issues.

Suggest though , tell both that you probably won,t draw down for 6 mths + ask their advice on time limits on approval and draw down etc.
Then simply take the best offer.

Back