A nuclear power plant 60 miles from Dublin..

It's the ultimate form of green energy and Ireland will be using a significant amount of its output. I don't see what we have to complain about; we have Nuclear power plants but they are in a different country.

We should look at building three nuclear power plants (thorium/sodium maybe). Two that could supply the country's needs and one for redundancy/export.

We should look at building three nuclear power plants (thorium/sodium maybe). Two that could supply the country's needs and one for redundancy/export.
We already have Nuclear power plants. They are in the UK. They supply us via the inter-connector between us and Britain.

It's the ultimate form of green energy and Ireland will be using a significant amount of its output. I don't see what we have to complain about; we have Nuclear power plants but they are in a different country.

My complaint, and I am sure I will be told if it is not a valid one, is that our great-grandchildren will have to live with the waste.

My complaint, and I am sure I will be told if it is not a valid one, is that our great-grandchildren will have to live with the waste.
What, as opposed to the massive environmental destruction being caused by fossil fuels or the utterly uneconomical, unsustainable and insufficient, (no matter how much we scale it) wind and solar power?

What, as opposed to the massive environmental destruction being caused by fossil fuels or the utterly uneconomical, unsustainable and insufficient, (no matter how much we scale it) wind and solar power?

Ok so that makes two of us, who don't know how the waste issue from nuclear could be dealt with.

Back