A good name for a kids activity centre?

Get your hands on a copy of Primary Times. Ive seen the southern edition and its chock full of adverts for activity centres. There is plenty of competition here in Kerry.

Any bits in brackets are for answering the phone, inspired by the MLA financial institutions and government quangos.

Shooting Star's Childrens' Activity Centre (SS-CAC, maybe not)
Yourz 'R Ourz, For A While Anyway (YO-FAWA)
Kidz 'R Ourz, For A Limited Time (KO-FALT)
Drop In Your Offspring, Temporarily (DIY-OT)
Sprogz2Stay
You Breed 'Em, We Heed 'Em
You Train 'N Maintain, We Entertain
Rugratz Away
Anklebiterz 'N Adultz

... and so on ...

I can do more if you want but did I win a prize?

lol yes you`ve just won a prize...

Give me more names and i`ll tell you what you`ve won.

You need a really simple name preferable beginning with kids. You can put up cameras in the zones that are not able to be seen and put a screen in the sitting area so parents can have an idea of where the kids are and what they are at. Make sure the areas are segregated, put a barrier that stops toddlers entering into say the over 3 area but 3 year olds are able to climb into it. I agree with having something for the parents to do while there, internet (more income) or reading material and comfortable, clean seating area that is warm. I judge most places by the state of the toilets. Best advice is to go and visit the best kids activity centers for ideas. Re security some parents are not familiar with an area and prefer if the kids can not get out easily and certainly not into a car park. There are some places I will never return to because of issues I've highlighted here and one in Dublin in particular had a really rough element.

my sister doesnt always monitor her kids in their local activity centre as the staff are standing at each corner of the climbing frame watching & monitoring.

She tends to keep one eye on them yes but she`s sitting chatting with us alot of the time.

I dont see any parent standing beneath the climbing frames watching their kids continously

I dont see any parent standing beneath the climbing frames watching their kids continously
Did anyone say that? As a parent myself, I think its important to keep an eye on one's kids while in such places. I'm not sure how feasible it is to do so while surfing the web at the same time.

In relation to supervision, obviously the level of supervision of a toddler is a lot different to a 5 year old. At home my kids are often in the playroom (on another level) while I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner and there is no supervision as such. I find the stairs at home a lot more dangerous than (most) purpose built kids play areas. My 6 year old was climbing a tree last weekend, I have my heart in my mouth but even though I'm surpervising what am I going to do if she falls, I cannot prevent it and kids need to develop dexterity.

Er, doesnt everyone actually stay with the children while they are there?
There are some shopping centres that have a drop in service so you can do your shopping for a hour or two. I wouldn't call them a kids activity centre though and they are generally for older than toddlers.

If you are going to do kids parties, make sure the kids eat after playing on the frames/slides etc. All that juice, chips etc are bound to re-appear with all the jumping around.

Back