9 yrs full time work, told to do 2 days now - pregnant and no contract

J

Jane111

Im 9 years full time with no contract(no one has a contract), i was told over the phone that my days will be cut back to two days(not told when). I told my employer i was pregnant a few months ago. Im in the company the longest and there are other employees still working a 5 day week- im the only one being cut back because of less work- (i am in a different job than the other employees however i was trained in to do their jobs years ago).

1- will these new hours reduce my redundancy package if they are to let me go soon or down the line (which is on the cards in this market and especially since im pregnant and maternity leave coming up)?? Any suggestions???

2- how much notice should an employer give to an employee if they decide to change there full time employment to part time after 9 years??

You all have contracts, they simply aren't written ones. Your contracts are based on Irish employment law. The fact that your employer did not give each employee written Terms of Employment within 2 months of starting the job was illegal.
It seems you are being treated differently due to your pregnancy - the authorities take a dim view of this.
Read up on your rights at [broken link removed]
It looks like you're about to be shafted - in this scenario you should be prepared to inform the relevant authorities of your employer's flagrant disregard for employment law - shaft him first. You'll get compensation on the Terms of Employment issue alone.

What line of work are you in ?
How many other employees are involved ?

Interesting questions by the poster, can someone please clarify the answers to her 1 & 2 questions

Back