704x aircoach Dub to Cork

rustbucket

A relative is travelling over next Thursday landing at Dublin airport and is looking to go to Youghal directly for a family event.

I know the 704x Aircoach goes to Cork City but it doesn’t mention if it’s possible to get off anywhere else en route.

Il ring aircoach tomorrow but any other suggestions that I could try for him?

I think the Aircoach to Cork is direct stops on the Quays in Dublin but thats it and it was some time ago when I used it. I Found the service excellent. Caveat a lot of instances of bags in the hold on all buses to the Airport taken mixed up/stollen take whatever precautions in that regard you can.

Last edited:
Caveat a lot of instances of bags in the hold on all buses to the Airport taken mixed up/stollen take whatever precautions in that regard you can.

This is something that intrigues me for so long as to why the bus companies do not introduce a ticketing system. I know it would slow things down but it is so unfair to leave their customers at the mercy of thieves.

This is something that intrigues me for so long as to why the bus companies do not introduce a ticketing system. I know it would slow things down but it is so unfair to leave their customers at the mercy of thieves.
100% agree with the arrival of airtags and tiles people have more traceability but if it is a theft the Gardai seem to be at a loss as the location is not completely precise. It’s the same with checked in luggage for me personally its hand luggage all the way now and I would be really adverse to putting a bag in the hold of a bus. If at all possible I plan accordingly to fit my bag under my feet.

There are no flights from Dublin to Cork, they ceased 12 years ago !

Aircoach 704x doesn't stop, after it leaves Aston Quay, its a direct service only.

Two options once they arrive in Cork:

1) Train to midleton- if someone could pick them up there, Kent Station, is a 3 minute walk from where the Aircoach terminates. Its a very regular service:

2) Walk across to the bus station in Parnell Place, about 5 minutes walk from Aircoach stop, and take the 260 bus to
Youghal, noting, it is not that regular:
https://www.buseireann.ie/timetable/3132.pdf

Another option instead of heading to Cork is Bus Eireann 4X to Waterford. There are private operators also, including JJ Kavanagh. And then Waterford to Cork bus passes through Youghal hourly (40 route).

Dublin Coach route 600 goes to Cork via Waterford, there's a listed stop in Dungarvan. They'll be taking the Youghal bypass but I don't think there's a stop . But it's only every 2nd hour.

Back