7 Seater - Advice please

Tired Paul

Can't put it off any longer, must get a 7 seater in the coming weeks. Have viewed endless sites on different models but tending to favour Peugout 807.
Don't have a fortune to spend (approx 9K), 2004 Sencic to trade in. Just looking for honest feedback on your type of 7 seater. Family consists of 3 kids, dog and the odd neighbours child for school trips, sport etc.

Thanks.

If trading, you will probably get the best deal against a Grand Scenic.

There should be plenty of 7 seater choices around. I would seriously consider selling privately and buying "cash".

Not gone on the Grand Scenic. Have smaller Scenic already and nothing but elec issues for the past 2 years.
Will consider selling private all right.
Anyone got an 807 and if so how are they overall as a family car.

What about a [broken link removed]?

A dearer car, but I'd be a bit wary about a 2004 Peugeot if electrics hassles were your bane on your Renault, unless you knew the car and owner well.

Buy and sell privately, but get an engineer's report on the car.

What about warrenty when buying private. Have never bought private before due to this issue. Does the seller still have to stand over breakages etc for a certain time period eg 3 months or so.

What about warrenty when buying private. Have never bought private before due to this issue. Does the seller still have to stand over breakages etc for a certain time period eg 3 months or so.

I wasn't aware private vendors stood over goods.

Caveat emptor and an engineers inspection.

If you want a guarantee see a dealer.

And pay dealer's prices :(

These days, all brands can be unreliable. I would not rate a Pug807 as having more reliable electrics than a Renault. Alot of these manufacturers buy in their electronic components from the same suppliers anyway.

You could get a Hynudai Trajet, but they all give gearbox problems.
Ford S-Maxs are nice, but they are renowned for eating front tyres.

If you are interested in researching particular cars then www.carsurvey.org is a useful site. Browse by brand and then you can pick out reviews from UK & Ireland... you tend to get a good overview of the issues that can arise, and if you could live with the nuisance/cost if it happened to you.

I drove a diesel Kia Carens for a couple weeks in 2008 and was very impressed with the engine and car overall, somebody told me it was the Honda engine.
[broken link removed]

Cheers for all the replies. Definite food for thought here so will book a few test drives over the coming weeks.

Can't put it off any longer, must get a 7 seater in the coming weeks. Have viewed endless sites on different models but tending to favour Peugout 807.
Don't have a fortune to spend (approx 9K), 2004 Sencic to trade in. Just looking for honest feedback on your type of 7 seater. Family consists of 3 kids, dog and the odd neighbours child for school trips, sport etc.

Thanks.

I have a Ford Galaxy and we are very happy with it. Might be a slight power steering problem with it. Shocking devaluation on it, it's 3 yrs old. If you can sell privately you could go up north or to UK and get a decent second hand for a lot less. I like the look of the Pug 807 or the Citroen Picasso, Fiat Ulysse ( but I would not buy Fiat).

Back