6 Hour Stop over in JFK - What would you do

MUM2KIDS

I have an unplanned 6 hour stop over in JFK on my way back to Dublin from Las Vegas. Delta cancelled the earlier flight back to Dublin.

I understand that once your bags are checked in you can leave the airport as long as you make it back in time for the flight. Has anyone ever gone into Manhattan on a lay over - I'm thinking 6 hours is not long enough.

Any other suggestions to pass the time - I will be arriving in at 3pm in the afternoon and flight leaves at 9.30pm to Dublin

Ask Delta to put you on a later LAS-JFK flight that doesn't leave you with 6 hours in JFK ?

If they changed your schedule for the JFK-DUB flight you might find they'd be happy enough to do this.

(Also would have the advantage that you wouldn't need to get up at some ungodly hour to catch what I guess must be a 6.30am flight from LAS to JFK)

If you didn't change then 6hrs really isn't enough to go into Manhattan - yes you could get there and back.. but you wouldn't have time to do anything.

I have tried to get my flights changed but no avail - because I booked these flights back in January and got a very good deal they are not willing to allow me to change!

I have tried to get my flights changed but no avail - because I booked these flights back in January and got a very good deal they are not willing to allow me to change!

I bet if you call their desk the day before your due to fly they may be more helpful on this front.

Back